Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 11-27-2001, 09:44 PM   #1
Encard
Quintesson

I'm trying to figure out if my memory's bad or something... but in Elmisnter in Hell, in some of his memories, doesn't it mention Elminster getting all of Mystra's power during the Time of Troubles, or something of that nature? But I just read the Avatars Trilogy, and it doesn't have anything like that there... eh... *looks very confused* *taps self on head to aatempt to determine accuracy of memory*
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 05:41 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Your memory's fine. There's a series called the Shadow of the Avatar Trilogy which is supposed to be the "behind the scenes trilogy" which stars Elminster saving the world. That's right, you thought Midnight, Kelemvor, Cyric and Adon were center stage? WRONG! Ed Greenwood couldn't bear to have his beloved alter-ego Elmonster shunted to the sidelines during the Time of Troubles, so he had to write a trilogy about how Elminster took on ALL of Mystra's power during the Time of Troubles, while all the other stuff was happening.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 02:38 PM   #3
Encard
Quintesson

Good! Personally, I didn't like Midnight and the rest all that much, and I think I'll prefer this series... *cackle* Crazed overpowered mages are great...
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote