Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 03:47 PM   #11
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
Well if two generals from each side living in Vietnam can get over the war and become the best of friends I don't see why people can't get over the Fonda thing in the US.

This guy could end up being charged with assault. Isn't tobacco spit worse than pies, cake, milk, eggs, or milk. Definitely not so funny or tasty as pie or cake.
See Khazadman's response. He hit the nail on the head.

Unless you are a Vietnam Veteran who was "in country" when Fonda posed with - and praised - the enemy, you cannot possibly imagine or understand the deep level of betrayal felt by the men dying in the jungles and swamps.

I have two uncles that were there and I can vouch that they feel exactly the same way towards "Hanoi Jane" that Michael Smith does.

I also don't care if other veterans don't feel this way towards Fonda. Chances are, those veterans were NOT in the Vietnam war. As a sign on my uncle's wall says "If you weren't there, then shut the HELL up!"
Old 04-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #12
Stratos
Vampire

Isn't this what they call a Spit and Run?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #13
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Good to have you back Khazadman. Also TL, those comments about him "lamenting his glory days burning villages and shooting children" seems out of line and disrespetful to him and Veterans in general.
I think it's not the job of anyone to keep reminding veteran's what they did year in year out. What's the use of doing that? I thought wars were supposed to be forgotten, not remembered!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:27 AM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That's a big misconception. How can you learn from your mistakes like that ? Not that we do anyway.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:08 PM   #15
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I beat someone to death just this morning. Don't look at me like that! Don't judge me! You don't know what it was like - YOU WEREN'T THERE!!!

Fonda was trying to stop the war. It strikes me a lot of veterans feel badly towards Fonda as they suffered through it and she didn't - but if it was that bad surely the fact that she wanted to stop it was a good thing.

Its like the Military Families Against the War group says: "Support the Troops - bring them home!".
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:22 AM   #16
Khazadman Risen
Manshoon

Fonda should have been tried for giving aid and comfort to the enemy at the least. I myself would have gone after her for treason.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:28 AM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Also TL, those comments about him "lamenting his glory days burning villages and shooting children" seems out of line and disrespetful to him and Veterans in general.
You haven't begun to see how disrespectful I can be. Come on, bury your head in the sand all you want. John Kerry got a MEDAL for SHOOTING A KID IN THE BACK. People got accomodations for burning villages. It was a nasty war, one hell of a mistake, and it showed that throwing good old boys next door into a pit of barbarism can make them, well... barbaric. There were no winners in that war, only victims. And for what? That EVIL spectre of communism? Why did we have to wait 25 more years to figure out we can BUY our way to victory with those countries rather than FIGHT our way there?

And I still stand by my bald accusation that anyone harboring that kind of a grudge, willing to take up chewing tebaccy and wait that long just to spit in her face, is certainly a prime suspect to have once been the proud owner of an M16 with brain-splatter on the butt. Quit drinking at the VFW and getta job, loser!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:37 PM   #18
Stratos
Vampire

Did he actually wait all these years, or did he just found out that Fonda was coming to town one day and decided to spit in her face?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:48 PM   #19
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

TL, my pompus, liberal, self-rightous 'homie', this is for you. Pry your eyes open with flaming toothpicks so your eyes won't close, and place your headphones upon your ears, and turn up the volume so you don't miss a beat!

http://oldbluejacket.com/WhoIsThisAmericanWarrior.htm

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:07 PM   #20
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I thought wars were supposed to be forgotten, not remembered!
Why the hell would we forget them?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote