Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 08-21-2001, 08:17 PM   #1
Gargas

Grrrrrr....
Stupid game.
I exposed wylfgere, and in the ensuing battle, i somehow angered every barb in the villiage (must have been the fire ball i used, i panicked at getting attacked from all sides)
Now, i have to start all over again, because hjollder hates me, along with every other clan.
Dammit!! I was loving this game, too!! They totally could have scripted around this very likely occurence. Bastards.
Old 08-22-2001, 03:37 AM   #2
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Never played Baldur's Gate, I guess? Villagers around makes you being cautious using fireball. And if you followed the story with Wylfdene you would have known that not every barbarian would become hostile. Anyway, it means that you started casting fireball very fast. Couldn't you just wait a few seconds. Especially when you did not save just before the conversation. It's easy to say afterwards, but isn't this gonna make you a more experienced roleplay game gamer? Just kidding. Good luck with the game.
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:20 PM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Well think of it this way. The Barbarians are on edge as it is. Wylfdyne is acting very strange. You are outsiders and thus fall under great suspicion who, yes, ultimately expose Wylfdyne, but at that moment it is not clear who side you are truly on. The battle suddenly erupts and you cast fireball. The question becomes, how do they know which side you are on? The only thing the good guys know is that you deliberately cast a fireball and fried a few of their compatriots. Their suspicions have now been confirmed: Outsiders CANNOT be trusted. And that is why no one will talk to you.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote