Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2001, 01:38 AM   #1
brianbarou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there a way to control or change the Random Item issued? Example: Kesselachs tomb level 1. Kill the mummy, open sarcophagus and get stuff including one Random Item; Light Crossbow, giant halberd, heavy crossboe or diseased halberd. I have done this 7 times and received the diseased halberd every time. That does not seem random. Do you have to do something special? I have tried quick save/ restart and save game/ load game. No luck. Any help appreciated. Thanks
brianbarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 05:15 AM   #2
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Same thing with me. Don't know how. Do recommend Dalekeeper.
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 08:05 PM   #3
brianbarou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is Dalekeeper? Where do I get it? What does it do? Thanks
Old 08-17-2001, 08:14 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Dalekeeper is an editor. Easy to cheat with it but also can recover things lost to glitches. There may be a link to it on this site or try TeamBG.com
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 01:51 AM   #5
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Check mud-master.com
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 01:11 PM   #6
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

it's tougher to get that random item. Random items will be assigned the first time you enter an area. You had to talk to Kresselack once, then leave to kill Lysan, then returned to the tomb to claim the reward. The First time you entered the room and talked to the ghost, the random item was assigned. When you come back to claim the prize, it's already been decided. No saving and reloading will change the items cuz you already set it when you entered the room the first time.
Hope that clears up the confusion here.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 04:47 PM   #7
brianbarou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Leafy, Thanks for the comment. In my example, the Mummy on level 1, how far back in the game do I have to go to reset the Random items? before I talk to Mytos? before I enter the crypt? Again, thanks.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:57 PM   #8
Axterix
Manshoon

Before you enter the map that the mob is on. For the mummy, that would mean right before you enter the big crypt, as he is on the first level of it.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 06:18 PM   #9
Evil_Twin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a problem with Random items. I always recieve the Girdle of Beautification, Glimglams cloak and others. They have all been the same for the 4 times i have played the game through. Is it my party configuration?
Evil_Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 09:59 PM   #10
Axterix
Manshoon

Nah, just luck. Far as I know, your party make up doesn't influence what you find. Most random treasures are set up to have some items be more common than others though. If something has a 50% chance of being there, well, in 4 times, that's a 6% chance of the same item all 4x. Low, but not that low.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote