Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2001, 01:01 AM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

First off, I want you to know that I did a search on this board concerning the last battle with Belhifet. There are many discussions on him and his pet golems, but I have yet to read about the two Cornugin demons (yes, those wound causing demons that give you eternal bleeding) he gates in before the battle. Anyone experience this? I do have it on the hard setting. Am I correct in assuming that this may be the reason for these additional enemies? If you played with these added enemies, how did you handle it? Thanks ahead of time.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 05:14 AM   #2
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

We played the last part of the game in heart of fury mode with the two of us but never seen such demons (I guess). I do remember it was a very long fight and much praise goes to our cleric/fighter with shield of lathandar and full healing.
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 12:00 PM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Well the demons were there the second time, but I was able to defeat them and the Iron Golems as Belhifet chased around my Gnome Cleric/Illusionist (man I love that class combo!). Instead of staying out in the middle I had everyone run to the Southeastern corner and take a stand. My Gnome went to the left where he started casting at Belhifet. That got his attention! The rest descended on my main group and those demons collapsed in short order and the Golems were surprisingly easy. As my Gnome is running for his life all over the place my Fighter/Mage is casting Monster and Elemental Summoning. Now the Demon is being distracted which gives my Gnome a chance to cast a few spells himself. Meanwhile back at the ranch my Cleric casts Heal on my two front line fighters and we all descend on Belhifet and after a short battle he goes down in a heap. The good guys win! By the way, Mordar, I'm going to have to try the Shield of Lathandar some day.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 01:27 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Those Cornugins were added with the Luremaster. They're not so scarey for a party with plenty of clerics. The cleric/illusionist is pretty cool. Get him a ring fo "aura transfusion" and he regenerates and almost never dies. His strengths seem to lie in "Mirror image" and "stone skin" making him impossible to step on.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 04:10 PM   #5
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I didn't like the shield because it made me stand at the sideline and watch the enemies being slaughtered. But hey, my proficiency with the short sword and blood iron, boots of speed, oil of speed and ring with extra attack per round, I was pretty awesome, too. Every hit healed 3 points of the wielder: Back up, don't slay that monster, I need to be healed! Shield of Lathandar is of short duration, I'd like to try Leafy's method some time.
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote