Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2002, 05:44 PM   #1
Crowley Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need help and can't find any info in any walkthru.
Jaheria left the party, then returned saying we needed to go talk to the harpers.
When I enter the building they say they want to lock me up for awhile in prison below the earth. Am I supposed to comply?

I said no and tried to kill them, but they wiped me out.

What do I do here?
Am I supposed to fight them or let them lock me up for awhile or what?
Old 09-30-2002, 05:50 PM   #2
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Slaughter them and grab the nice ring of wizardry from their corpses.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:54 PM   #3
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

He wants to cast Imprisonment on you.

Imprisonment on your main character = Game Over! You don't have much of a choice.

The battle is difficult but can be done.

Try to disable the wizard and keep an eye out for the thief.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:56 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

KILLKILLKILLKILL their huaghty-totty little butts. Remember, "Butt-kicking for goodness!" should never be construed as "Butt-kicking for lame-ass neutral balance and preservation of the status quo!" It jsut doesn't have the same ring to it.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:03 PM   #5
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Here's a tip for this battle: have Jaheria cast insect plague on the mages it will make it a lot easier because they will have 100% spell casting failure now you can concentrate on the thief and fighters and finish off the mages once there dead. With this tactic it shouldn't be to difficult.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:13 PM   #6
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

The last time I played through this I tried something a little different. I had given 4 of my people Potions of Explosions and had them launch them at Galvarey the moment we saw him. It took out half the opposition & Mr. G died before he ever got the chance to launch into his speech! The rest of the fight was just mopping up. Some might think it cheesy, but I say it serves him right for having the temerity to summon a child of Bhaal before him! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2002, 11:31 PM   #7
Ghostalker
Dungeon Master

`(Partial Spoiler)
`
`
`
`
`
Ive Got This serious problem with the harper hold quest myself, After Dermin talks to jaheira for the 1st time, about her betraying the harper hold & she says that 'she'll think about it' but isint she supposed to leave the party the very next day ..? well she didnt, & now im about to leave for spellhold & id rather take viconia or keldorn, but when i try to remove jaheira from the party she threatens to leave me forever saying that she has 'no-where to go' Sooo BG2 pro's help me out here is there any other option! besides kicking jaheira? & would yoshimo betray me, if i didnt take him to spellhold?
Ghostalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 11:34 PM   #8
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghostalker:
`(Partial Spoiler)
`
`
`
`
`
Ive Got This serious problem with the harper hold quest myself, After Dermin talks to jaheira for the 1st time, about her betraying the harper hold & she says that 'she'll think about it' but isint she supposed to leave the party the very next day ..? well she didnt, & now im about to leave for spellhold & id rather take viconia or keldorn, but when i try to remove jaheira from the party she threatens to leave me forever saying that she has 'no-where to go' Sooo BG2 pro's help me out here is there any other option! besides kicking jaheira? & would yoshimo betray me, if i didnt take him to spellhold?
If Jaheira leaves, you can never get her back. The Dermin bug is quite common, there's a way to fix it in Shadowkeeper. Go to Gamefaqs.com (I'm not allowed to link to the faq directly,) go to BG2 then go to Romance FAQ. At the beginning of the Jaheira section is a solution to your problem.

[ 09-30-2002, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 09-30-2002, 11:42 PM   #9
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghostalker:
`(Partial Spoiler)
`
`
`
`
`
Ive Got This serious problem with the harper hold quest myself, After Dermin talks to jaheira for the 1st time, about her betraying the harper hold & she says that 'she'll think about it' but isint she supposed to leave the party the very next day ..? well she didnt, & now im about to leave for spellhold & id rather take viconia or keldorn, but when i try to remove jaheira from the party she threatens to leave me forever saying that she has 'no-where to go' Sooo BG2 pro's help me out here is there any other option! besides kicking jaheira?
By "very next day" do you mean that you actually rested? She isn't supposed to leave until after you sleep next.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:53 PM   #10
Ghostalker
Dungeon Master

Lol take a guess, I had done that quest in chapter 2 & now im about to get to chapter 4 so ofcourse i have rested & True Moose would the patch have any effect now, or do i have to restart the quest for it to work ?, becuase if so, ive accomplished a lot so its not worth going back just for jaheira
Ghostalker is offline   Reply With Quote