Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2003, 09:17 AM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

What's with all the damn angry faces people?? <--- This is the guy I'm talking about. There must be at least four of them at the top of the first page.... no wait make that five...

While we're on the subject anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering why MagiK invariably uses a " [img]tongue.gif[/img] " as his topic icon. Enlighten us M! Y'know it does look slightly petulant... and almost but not quite as annoying as Deathkiller's

Post split in half because of restrictions on smileys, of all things... [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2003, 09:18 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

So here's the rest....

More observations on iconic practises

I've noticed that Moiraine (when she was still a member ) used the topic icons that aren't available in the graphics library as normal smileys, this one for instance.

Also, some people always use the icon even if they have nothing important to say. I have been known to do this myself actually
Old 05-19-2003, 09:19 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Personally, I find these quite annoying: so I never use them.

Should only the mods be allowed to use and ?

And where did Yorick's favourite go? The one that goes "I'm a boy I'm a boy I'm a boy" [img]graemlins/5bloodymurder.gif[/img]

Sorry for the multiple posts, blame smiley restrictions.
If you're annoyed by the triviality of this post, blame me though. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
If you're bored like me, tell us your own iconic habits or observations on the habits of others.

[ 05-19-2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 05-19-2003, 09:29 AM   #4
MagiK

Hey Melusine [img]smile.gif[/img] I thought it would be evient why I use the tongue thingie [img]smile.gif[/img] I assume it indicates a certain level of good humor, and silliness and only use it when I mean my post to convey such an attitude....I do however some times and forget to change it. But usually if you see the tongue smiley Im in a humorous mood and don't expect to be taken too seriously. If however I am just dealing in flat facts and no humor intended I use the 1st icon..the little page thingy. I use the other smileys to denote the proper emmotional state that the post is written in [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope that clears it up a bit [img]smile.gif[/img] (short form...it is the kind fo mood Im in when writeng the post)

Old 05-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #5
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

hehe yeah it is many angry faces today [img]tongue.gif[/img] it must mean many people have had a bad day or are very angry and upset today
still i wanted to make a thread with why their was so many angry faces
Old 05-19-2003, 09:37 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Hey Melusine [img]smile.gif[/img] I thought it would be evient why I use the tongue thingie [img]smile.gif[/img] I assume it indicates a certain level of good humor, and silliness and only use it when I mean my post to convey such an attitude....I do however some times and forget to change it. But usually if you see the tongue smiley Im in a humorous mood and don't expect to be taken too seriously. If however I am just dealing in flat facts and no humor intended I use the 1st icon..the little page thingy. I use the other smileys to denote the proper emmotional state that the post is written in [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope that clears it up a bit [img]smile.gif[/img] (short form...it is the kind fo mood Im in when writeng the post)
I wonder how many people associate the icon with silliness and good humour, though. The one I'm using now seems more suited to the purpose. I thought most people thought of it as the sarcasm smiley. I thought you were just a very sarcastic person.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:48 AM   #7
MagiK

Hmmm you make a good point there Mel...while I do have a goodly measure of sarcasm in me...mostly Im in a happy funny mood and like to make people laugh (I do fairly well at it too).....usually...I really do not mean to be taken sarcasticly in the majority of my posts...

How about it? folks? does my tongue sticking out smiley make you think I am trying to be sarcastic?

Old 05-19-2003, 09:49 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Gee MagiK - when I am posting in fun and don;t expect to be taken too seriosly, I use this one.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:49 AM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
But usually if you see the tongue smiley Im in a humorous mood and don't expect to be taken too seriously.
Since you've been using the tongue-smiley quite often in debates of a political nature, I'll keep that in mind.

[ 05-19-2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 05-19-2003, 09:50 AM   #10
Legolas
Jack Burton

It most definately does, Magik. How can we take anything you say in a debate seriously with such a mocking face at the top of your posts?