Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2002, 02:56 PM   #101
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hi, all. Uss, He is Level 14, now, so he should be able to cast level 6, but 5 is all that I have been able to find. I don't think that I understand the Modron Maze, all I find are a bunch of easy constructs, and dead ends. ReGin, I don't like scary movies, just chick flicks.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 04-23-2002, 02:58 PM   #102
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Speaking of movies, has anyone seen the "resident evil" movie?
I just saw it and it scared the crap out of me! God that was one of the creepiest movies I've seen...
Neither of my two friends I saw it with thought it was scary..I was nearly shaking
I had to say good-bye to my nights-sleep after half an hour
But it was a good movie still!
I heard the ending leads on to Resident evil 3 (the game)if you get my meaning, is it true. (coughnemisiscough).[/QUOTE]Really?
Well, I haven't played the games and if they've got some of the scariness from the movie, I will probarbly never even look at them
[/QUOTE]Make no mistake about it, the games will change your definition of jumping out of your seat, rolling up into a little ball and stroking your trusty fire-arm scary. They gave me nightmares and I NEVER get nightmares. People who say they have not been scared of the games at some point are probably liars. You WILL jump out of your seat.
Anyway did one of the men at the end mention anything about the Nemisis project?
Old 04-23-2002, 03:04 PM   #103
Neb
Account deleted by Request

PS:T Spoiler(Small)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Once you've reached the end of the first one and can access the control room. Tell them to set it to "Hard" difficulty. The creatures will give more XP, they will more often have stuff that can be sold for tons of cash(Portal Lenses) and Lenses for Nordom. In the Hard maze you can find a larger than usual room containing a Boss Monster(Evil Wizard Construct) and another one that's also slightly unusual. The second one contains Nordom, Rogue Modron.

[ 04-23-2002, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Neb ]
Old 04-23-2002, 03:37 PM   #104
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Make no mistake about it, the games will change your definition of jumping out of your seat, rolling up into a little ball and stroking your trusty fire-arm scary. They gave me nightmares and I NEVER get nightmares. People who say they have not been scared of the games at some point are probably liars. You WILL jump out of your seat.
Anyway did one of the men at the end mention anything about the Nemisis project?
Well, that wil definetly make my eys bulge and my legs to run away when I see a resident evil game
Anyway, they did talk about nemesis in the end...what does that mean?
And galadria, I hear ya, I get scareed easily so I don't watch horror very often
Old 04-23-2002, 03:40 PM   #105
Sigmar
Unicorn

Do you really want to know, it could spoil the sequel for you but it/he is common knowledge by now. Tell me if you really want me to tell you.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:42 PM   #106
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

It's okay, spill the beans [img]smile.gif[/img]
I don't really cre much for the plot anyways
Old 04-23-2002, 04:00 PM   #107
Sigmar
Unicorn

You might have heard of the game "Resident evil 3-Nemesis" if you have the charming figure on the box is the protagonist of this short story. You know about about the G-virus yes? Well later in the series a T-virus is created which mutates humans into even more disgusting and inhumane things. Every once in a while a tyrant turns up in the games, these are basically super tough,super scary and super mutated. Nemesis is a much more dangerous version of the tyrant, throughout the game you put countless bullets and rockets into it and the thing keeps moving and it keeps seeking out what it must have "programmed" to do. Kill STAR members (the heroes of the resident evil series. His terrfing voice made me run out of the room in fear in one section of the game because you're in a building and then out of the blue you hear his voice very weakly building up to a loud STARRSSSSSSS (that's all he says by the way) and then he breaks through one of the walls you are walking by, needless to say I died. This thing has some of the best AI in any game, it follows you everywhere, paranoia got a hold of me one too many times in the game. The thing itself looks like an enourmas man, dressed in a trenchcoat, but he has huge purple vein like tubes sticking out of his body. And his face is not a pretty picture at all, no hair, no lips or mouth (just teeth), scars all over his head and two terrifing eyes. At a couple of points in the game he is referred to as project Nemesis and from what I've heard this leas me to believe that there were more of it created, the movie drops now another hint. Needless to say Nemesis does some pretty horrible things to people through out the decimated city that is roaming with more virus infected humans. I won't tell you if he dies or not at the end of the game, you have to leave some suspense Resident evil 2 is the scariest game of them all IMO though, if you are going to play one don't play 2.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:10 PM   #108
Elif Godson
Dracolich

All of the Resident games are scary. It didnt give me nightmares
but when the house is quiet and I woken from sleep thoughts sometimes enter my mind and that all to familiar cold sweat starts to form
Havent seen the movie yet but I have heard it is GRRRRRRRRRRRRreat
STARS STARS STARS it was the worst thing to hear. My oldest
daughter made the mistake of spying on me while I played this game
now I can use it as scare tactics to get her to go to bed..
Old 04-23-2002, 04:17 PM   #109
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Heck you scared me with just that story..
No more resident evil, though I think that's a great tip Elif, if I ever get kids
Old 04-23-2002, 04:28 PM   #110
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Heck you scared me with just that story..
No more resident evil, though I think that's a great tip Elif, if I ever get kids
No but it scares you in a good way, and when you finally crush your fears nothing can top that feeling, looking at death in the eye and then planting your knee in it's groin and watching it squirm in pain. If there was ever a game that could make you braver this is it, one time I spent ten minutes thinking to myself if I should carry on. But I managed to do it and was I pleased. Elif whenever I'm walking down a corridor in a building and I think of that one word my step seems to be faster. t was worth getting to the end though wasn't it, giving that monster his due. One of my favourite moments in videogame history. And yes REgin, never let any of your children near the BOX, let alone the game itself. It is a proven child repellent
But give the game the try, you might be suprised with yourself. But remember, not 2.