Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-23-2001, 06:21 PM   #1
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm sorry, I have to share this.

I was just having lunch with my mother-in-law and the topic of "dealing with terrorism" came up. We discussed about the causes and also, the proper way to solve the problem. Now, she did come up with the most stupid way to solve muslim terrorism: "Bomb Mecca !!!!". She thought that if we bombed Mecca and blamed it on Bin Ladden (ie: it's because of him that we did it) that most Muslims would want to kill him. Up to now, I thought that the stupidest ways to deal with Middle-East terrorist cell were to 1- nuke the place, 2- attack states that harbor terrorist and 3- intern all Muslim decendant in concentration camps (like the movie The Siege)

Now, the order has changed:

1- Bomb Mecca
2- Nuke the Middle East or any supporting countries
3- Attack (conventionnal form) any state that harbor terrorists (like Afghanistan)
4- Concentration camps

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-23-2001, 06:24 PM   #2
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I agree if we bombed mecha all we would accomplish is to make all muzlims want to kill us for destroying there holly place. It would be like someone bombing jurusilum (sp) to get back at the US.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-23-2001, 06:25 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

why did you have lunch with mother-in-law in the first place?
Old 09-23-2001, 06:26 PM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
why did you have lunch with mother-in-law in the first place?
I had to, my son was missing her

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-23-2001, 06:26 PM   #5
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

holy crap..... how heartless .... I can't belive anyone would suggest anything that sick .... sorry just couldn't keep that in

------------------
You can only call someone something so many times before they become that which you did not wish them to be!
Bad things happen to bad people!
Old 09-23-2001, 06:30 PM   #6
Tancred
White Dragon

Hmm... I'll have to agree with you there. Destroying landmarks and killing civilians to make a point IS terrorism, isn't it?
Old 09-23-2001, 06:32 PM   #7
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

She's kinda screwed up some days .

Another good one: Western Society was fully right about kicking Palestinians out of Palestine to give it to back to Jews so they could create Israel BUT there's absolutely no way that we should vacate North America to give it back to Indians!

I can't follow her logic. Maybe someone can.

------------------
Old 09-23-2001, 06:34 PM   #8
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Man your mother-in-law sounds like she to the right of Attila the hun, but then again aren't all mother-in-laws

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-23-2001, 06:53 PM   #9
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Man your mother-in-law sounds like she to the right of Attila the hun, but then again aren't all mother-in-laws

Not really. She just doesn't get it. I asked her if she would be mad at Bush if terrorist bombed the Vatican in retaliation: "Of course not, I'd be mad at the terrorists"

------------------
Old 09-23-2001, 06:57 PM   #10
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
She's kinda screwed up some days .

Another good one: Western Society was fully right about kicking Palestinians out of Palestine to give it to back to Jews so they could create Israel BUT there's absolutely no way that we should vacate North America to give it back to Indians!

I can't follow her logic. Maybe someone can.

I can't follow yours! Seems to me that the Palestine situation and the America situation are exactly the same. If not, why not?

------------------