Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2003, 02:49 AM   #1
nokturnal_1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Only with the lillies at the boogre prison. I went in the back, and the front both, and as soon as I meet up with a lilly, and battle it out, the killing blow freezes up the game. As soon as the strike hits. Is this fixable w/o the patch?
BTW I just went to an ASUStek P4C800 deluxe motherboard and a P4 cpu and pny memory, could this be a reason? I maintained the same level of direct X...
Old 06-13-2003, 01:11 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, nokturnal_1!!!

I'm not the best techie on this board but I'll get the ball rolling. The patch may or may not help your particular problem. There is a post in the Best Tips thread which explains what the patch does and what it takes away. You might also want to read through the Tech Tips thread. I believe the most likely solution to your problem is going to be related to tweaking your machine, checking drivers and things of that nature - all of which would be best provided by someone more knowledgable. We've got several techies active on the board so hopefully you'll get a very helpful reply soon!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 04:10 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Operating system? DirectX level? That may make a big difference.

I don't recall the patch fixing anything specifically about this, but if you're interested in seeing if it helps, run it. Just save your games ahead of time so you can reload them if needed.

I moved to the patch when I ran into a problem leaving Shurugeon Castle. It's not documented as being fixed by the patch, but I no longer have it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 06:01 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

It could be a Windows 2000/XP random crash if you are running one of those. Othrewise, if you haven't had any problems earlier, it could be a damaged file. I doubt the patch will fix this. Are you experiencing any overheating problems? The graphics card perhaps? Are you running in hardware mode? If you are try changing it to software mode and see if that helps.

If you have a saved game prior to entering the boogre caves you might want to skip them for now and continue your adventures.

As Bungleau said, all information you can give us is a boon. Check the tech thread for what information to post.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote