Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-29-2001, 10:45 AM   #1
alxander1
Dungeon Master

I am trying to fight the Lich in the building opposite the Temple of the helm in the bridge district and was kicking the Lichs butt solo until he cast imprisonment and ended my game. I have cloak of reflection, 60% magic resistance, and a lot of other spell protections on, haste, chaotic command etc. How do I protect against imprisonment and time stop ?
Old 05-29-2001, 12:06 PM   #2
Bristowe
Elminster

Only way "I" know of to prevent being imprisoned is using a Protection form magic scroll, which can be bought from Ribald in er...his shop, there are only two scrolls in the whole game tho so decide whether it's worth using
I assume that the cloak of ref. doesn't reflect imprisonment spells?

------------------

Bristowe, Master Assassin
Old 05-29-2001, 12:12 PM   #3
Cayle
The Magister

Are you talking about the Shade Lich? He used imprisonment? I have never seen him us it before (but I have seen him use maze). Cloak of reflection and MR do NOT protect you from imprisonment. Try going bezerk (but not with Minsc), scroll of prot from magic or the spell protection from abdjuration.

Why does it seem that nobody ever does a search before asking a question like this? Imprisonment has been discussed endlessly, usually in relation to xxxxxx.

------------------
- Cayle
Old 05-29-2001, 12:27 PM   #4
Lord Shield

From Imprisonment:
Spell Shield vs Abjuration magic
Berserker gone Berserk is immune to Imprisonment (don't know why)

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-29-2001, 03:38 PM   #5
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Spell Trap and spell turning can prove effective if they are cast JUST BEFORE the imprisonment (he has only ONE I believe).
Old 05-29-2001, 03:39 PM   #6
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

sorry - double post

[This message has been edited by Wah (edited 05-29-2001).]
Old 05-30-2001, 02:26 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Only way to protect from timestop is to kill him before he casts it.

Imprisonment - Enrage and rage will protect from imprisonment, as will Spell Immunity - Abjuration or a Protection from Magic scroll. (You may not want to waste a Protection from Magic scroll on this guy, though.)

Cloak of Cheating will NOT protect against imprisonment.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old 05-30-2001, 02:46 AM   #8
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

I just summon up a nice monster or 2 so he can waste his imprisonment spell on them. Let him imprison a nice war dog or elemental, then ill wade in and kick his but. he only usually has one, once gone, you don't have to worry about it.
mm time stop, usually you can't kill them fast enough to keep him from casting it, you just have to wait it out. I always like to throw some summoned monsters at them first as cannon fodder. Your spider, genie, and bezerker warrior make great first targets LOL.
Then i go in with the mage to reduce his shields, and my paladin with holy avenger to whack him.
Old 05-30-2001, 08:11 AM   #9
Vampire

One time stop by you will be ironic enough to kill the Lich
Old 05-30-2001, 09:35 AM   #10
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I just got Korgan and Minsc to go medieval on his ass
aka Enrage and dual wield..

------------------
Why?