Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2000, 03:53 AM   #1
justaworm

Could someone please outline the general quests to get the strgonhold as a Paladin. Either it is bugged, or, I did something irreversibly wrong. Here's what I have done.

(1) Completed the Fallen Paladin quest, and then was given no other quests by the head of the Order of Radiant Heart (can't remember his name).

(2) Then, I went to windspear hills and killed Firkraag and was told by Garren (I think that was his name) to go back to the Radiant Heart to become accepted into the Order as my reward. Well, when I went back there, the head of the order still doesn't say anything special to me.

Do I need to do other things?
Does someone special have to be in my party?
Does this only happen in a certain act?

I am playing a Undead Hunter and am currently level 13 ( I think ).
I am currently still in Chapter 2 (heh, been doing a lot ot other quests before bothering to pay the money to rescue Imoen).

A friend of mine who is also palying a Undead Hunter is having the same trouble. So, I know it is not just me.

Old 12-04-2000, 04:16 AM   #2
justaworm

Is getting the Paladin stronghold quest worth restarting the game (from the begining)?

I really like how things are going for me right now, and I guess I wouldn't mind restarting, but damn, I have already put a lot of time into this party so far, and I still haven't beaten the game yet becuase I keep starting over so much.

So what is the Paladin stronghold? What benefits are gained from it? What disadvantages are there in having it?

Old 12-04-2000, 04:39 PM   #3
THEGAME

After killing Firkraag talk to Prelate Wesselen. He is through a door to the left of all the paladins at the radiant heart headquarters, He wears gold coloured armour. The quests suck, as far as I know there are only 3
1. Save some paladins in the Umar Hills
2. Chair a meeting
3. Act as bodyguard for some brat

Nevermind ther is plenty of normal quests to do

Old 12-04-2000, 06:07 PM   #4
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The paladin stronghold is the Order building. You don't get control of it, though. You are just able to keep your stash in a desk in there. You can't even rest there. It's pretty lame overall. Any house that you have cleared out makes as good a stronghold as this.