Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 03:18 AM   #11
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Detherin:
Heh, yeah I have a fairly strong grasp of what cheese is. Nevertheless though, I use cheese a lot, it's just how I play. I'll be playing my way through in a minute soon, doubtless with even more cheese ^_^.

Done most of the missions I can for now, I still have to do the planar sphere and planar prison, though.
Both of which are (other than the individual creature enhancements) unaffected by your mods - you'll fly through them after Chateau Windspear. What will be interesting is to hear about your final fights with Bodhi and Irenicus - that's where real creativity will come in.

Don't worry about cheesing parts of Tactics - it's unavoidable. In many situations, using some part cheese is a necessary evil to beat opponents, especially on insane. If you don't prebuff sometimes in situations where you shouldn't, or use reload knowledge, you're just going to end up driving yourself nuts.

By the way, before you get there, if you want to make your ToB experience as insane as your SoA, go grab the Oversight mod, which includes an Improved Sendai. I still have problems when I take on regular Sendai on Insane, and the improved one is...scary. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:32 AM   #12
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'll install Oversight on Saturday I reckon, as that'll be my first chance. I'm level 38 now, I think (soloing a thief in tactics means amazingly fast leveling, when you can handle it ^_^).

I'll think about writing up an account of my battles with Bohdi and Jonny-boy (I'm going to have to lame Improved Irenicus, it was hard enough for me to beat him with my solo sorceror and his band of a couple of hundered Skeleton Warriors).

I'll keep you lot informed ^_^.
Detherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:17 AM   #13
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

i finished the game solo as an assassin before, a lot of resets and lot of traps and a lot of luck were my only allies.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:21 AM   #14
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
i finished the game solo as an assassin before, a lot of resets and lot of traps and a lot of luck were my only allies.
This is so true ^_^. Sounds pretty much exactly how my run is going atm, though with less reloads now as I have got to quite a high level now. Having said that, I'm in Improved Sahaugin City now, and bloody hell :s, these guys can't half hit you for six.

*Whips out UserUnfriendly's guide to Cheese*
Detherin is offline   Reply With Quote