Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #91
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: So, What do you think?

Well I switched back to Mut and have the following comments:

1. DPS on trash is shlt because of no AOE other than FOK
2. DPS on anything that moves or doesn't stand still is shlt
3. most times I was coming below 10th spot in DPS when I was top 5 with swords for bosses other than Patchwerk, Maexxna, Loatheb (sp?) or anyone who doesn't move/acts like a training dummy

I'm finding mut very boring atm. Basically my rotation is:

HfB (before fight) --> Garotte --? SnD --> Mut --> Mut --> 5pt Envenom --> Mut --> Mut --> Rup ---> then repeat but switch Envenom and Rup depending on SnD cooldown occasionally throw in Cold Blood before 5pt Envenom

I have NeedToKnow and always keep HfB and SnD up. My DPS has marginally improved on bosses (from about 2.2k to 2.5k) but overall its declined as I'm so crap against trash. I have the following weps:

Titansteel Shanker (143dps, 1.6speed) MH and Namluk Supernumerary Sticker ((143dps, 1.5speed) - gives me more hit)

or

Titansteel Shanker (143dps, 1.6speed) MH and Librarian Paper Cutter (130dps, 1.3 speed)

I'm using Instant MH Deadly OH. I thought about doing Wound for the 50% app rate but went Deadly for Envenom. I haven't figured out if my DPS is better with the Lib Paper Cutter or the Supernumerary thing. But either way Mut seems really one dimensional. I may switch back to swords again.

Kak, how are you finding Mut?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #92
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Start with Mut instead of Garrote. In that way you'll start out with 2 or 3 cp instead of 1 cp and your snd last longer so that you can start rupture first instead of envenom.

Use a spreadsheet (0.4.3 version, not the latest one), trust what it says.

DP mh, IP oh.

I am liking mut, I outdps the combat rogues in most fights. But boss fight which require movement like grubbulus or that 1st boss of spider wing, combat reign supreme.

Also, nobody challenge me if a dagger drop.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #93
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I switched back to Combat again - I think I need better gear to make Mut worthwhile for me. It was great on Patchwerk, Maexxna and Loatheb (the dude that keeps casting that thing that prevents heals from being cast) where I didn't have to move. But it was annoying coming in the bottom 10 on every trash fight, and coming up mid table on overalls. Mut is clearly the best single target dps both on spreadsheet as well as in game, but I think combat is probably less one-dimensional (IMO).

Need to get my crit % up higher I think, I don't have much +crit gear to make those muts and envenoms worthwhile.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #94
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Man, Silent Crusader dropped from Naxx25 last night and I missed it due to a crappy roll! That would have been a great upgrade.

Thinking of switching back to Mut again - can't get higher than 7th in overall dps. Even with FoK I'm not putting out as much dps as boomkins now.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:11 AM   #95
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ouch! That's sucks Mem.

I got this baby last night Sinister Revenge. Since I'm the only dagger user, nobody challenge me when I bid for it.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #96
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

We have NEVER gotten a dagger drop in any of our runs.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #97
Lavindathar
Harper

My rogue is L72 now (Got my lock to like best gear in game bar a few items, got the Twilight drake, red proto drake etc), and my Resto shaman alt is full t7 as well

Oh, and I ganked a level 80 SP on my rogue. She's just OP.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #98
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I'm starting to enjoy Mut now - I'm putting out more dps than another rogue who is better geared than me. Plus Anarchy dropped for me from Kel Thuzad - doesn't look like a huge upgrade over my current Titansteel Shanker but it's going to be good for arena and BGs.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #99
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Well, I'm starting to enjoy Mut now - I'm putting out more dps than another rogue who is better geared than me. Plus Anarchy dropped for me from Kel Thuzad - doesn't look like a huge upgrade over my current Titansteel Shanker but it's going to be good for arena and BGs.
Since patch 3.08, for mutilate you'll need faster/fast weapon. So use Titansteel Shanker on MH and Anarchy on OH. It'll give you more dps. For poison use IP on MH and DP on OH.

Or, just switch Titansteel Shanker with Liberian Paper Cutter and it'll give you an even more dps gain.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #100
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I have the following daggers:

LPC
Namlak Supernumerary Sticker
Titansteel Shanker
Anarchy

With Anarchy on the OH, spreadsheet says LPC MH is best dps for me, but I like Namlak's +hit as I am down to 180 hit now.

Also, how the !@#$ did you get Nobles Deck for Darkmoon Card Greatness? That's going for 12K gold on my server.