Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-27-2002, 10:24 AM   #41
Lord Shield

Howdy, Mel *givs welcome cuddle*

me got my Pnp game tonight - should be just this sessions and next week and the whole campaign's done - phewy!!!

I've been keeping log of the whole thing (summary of each adventure). much relief in finishing it at last [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2002, 01:29 PM   #42
Legolas
Jack Burton

So, LS' bar, is it? Thanks for the information...

And any tea will be served by yours truly inbetween the posts (right after this one, for example)
Old 01-27-2002, 01:48 PM   #43
Sorcerer Alex

Evening all

Well, here I am, writing a post for Cloudy's Cafe with one hand, the other clutching a copy of Shakespeare's 'Othello', in a so far rather unsuccessful attempt to learn some of the major quotes in the play for my english exam tomorrow morning.

"To be, or not to be, that is the question - whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer...." no wait - that's not right. Tell you what, I'll be back in here when I've actually managed to successfully commit some of the correct citations to memory.

Wish me luck - I'll need it

Old 01-27-2002, 02:41 PM   #44
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

Good Luck! Try to memorise the ones from Othello, that always helps.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 01-27-2002, 02:43 PM   #45
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:

Good Luck! Try to memorise the ones from Othello, that always helps.

I was going to say that, but I think that's what he meant by learning the correct quote. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 02:53 PM   #46
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Evening all

Well, here I am, writing a post for Cloudy's Cafe with one hand, the other clutching a copy of Shakespeare's 'Othello', in a so far rather unsuccessful attempt to learn some of the major quotes in the play for my english exam tomorrow morning.

"To be, or not to be, that is the question - whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer...." no wait - that's not right. Tell you what, I'll be back in here when I've actually managed to successfully commit some of the correct citations to memory.

LOL, I almost commented that there's nothing wrong with that quote, but fortunately I realized just in time that it's from Hamlet instead of Othello

Anyway, good luck!
Old 01-27-2002, 05:53 PM   #47
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Evening, all. [img]smile.gif[/img] (for me at least)

In reply to the previous Cafe thread:

Galadria, I just checked my mail, but the photos haven't arrived yet. No worries though, because if you sent them last Wednesday, they probably won't arrive until a week later. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'll let you know as soon as they hit the mailbox!

Thanks, Mel. I'm not so worried now that I know that I sent them Wednesday. Of course they'll take a little time to fly across the Atlantic.
Cloudy, all I know is that when Aelia handed out the butterfly nets, the TOTS decided to use them on her, which was pretty astute on Lioness' part, I thought. [img]smile.gif[/img] How's the weather, everybody? It's 72 degrees fahrenheit here, and I just got back from a 4 mile jog in shorts and a halter top. Gotta go shower, by I had to seize the chance when my stepson was off the computer.
Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 01-27-2002, 06:03 PM   #48
Lord Shield

Other quotes:

"Internet, internet, my kingdom for the internet"

"To span or not to spam, that is the question"

Old 01-27-2002, 08:49 PM   #49
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL!!! I am glad some of you did figure out it was HAMLET! LOL

I'm chatting with Nachtrafe at the moment, gang, but wanted to send a HELLO this evening! Am going back to work tomorrow. NO mor jury duty and I KNOW I'll have a huge pile of backed up work to deal with...ugh

Cloudbringer
Old 01-28-2002, 07:10 AM   #50
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
ROTFL!!! I am glad some of you did figure out it was HAMLET!

Cloudbringer

And I repeat, if you read Arledrians post carefully you'll see that he does know that himself. Actually I would have been surprised if anyone didn't know - I'd say it's common knowledge. It's really nothing to make a fuss about [img]smile.gif[/img]