Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2002, 06:30 PM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

I was doing some welding underneath my F100 today, and visibilty is quite limited when wearing a welding helmet. The previous owner went a little wild with some crappy undercoating and covered the whole undercage with the s**t and I thought I removed enough, but I guess I was wrong. After a couple of minutes of welding, I felt my arm getting kinda toasty, but thought nothing of it. I then caught a glimpse of light out of the corner of my eye, and by this time my arm was screaming hot, so I stop welding, flipped up the faceplate and HOLY S**T, not only was the truck on fire, but the undercoating had melted and was dripping onto my arm, burned through my jean jacket and searing my skin.
I wasn't quite sure which one to put out first, but luckily I always keep a fire extinguisher close by when welding or cutting. I was pretty lucky by the looks of it, as the whole back of the cab and front of the bed was scorched by flames and damn hot. The trucks a '67 with the fuel tank behind the seat, sitting against the back wall of the cab.
I guess I didn't remove enough of the undercoating!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:12 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

See what you get by having a Ford? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Actually I suck at working on vehicles, at least you know how! Err if you dont burn them up! Hey at least it wasnt the OTHER vehicle! Hope the damage wasnt too bad Animal!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:34 PM   #3
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
See what you get by having a Ford? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Actually I suck at working on vehicles, at least you know how! Err if you dont burn them up! Hey at least it wasnt the OTHER vehicle! Hope the damage wasnt too bad Animal!
The trucks my latest resto, so it wasn't really an issue. Did more damage to my arm than the truck.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:37 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Ouch, hope you haven't done any serious damage to your arm Animal!

My dad once blew up his Ford Zephyr (it was underpowered at 2.3L, threw a rod and burst into flame) and had to call out the fire brigade!

[ 08-02-2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 08-02-2002, 08:39 PM   #5
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Ouch, hope you haven't done any serious damage to your arm Animal!

My dad once blew up his Ford Zephyr (it was underpowered at 2.3L, threw a rod and burst into flame) and had to call out the fire brigade!
Thanks for the concern. My arm will hurt for a while, and they'll be a nice scar, but I've done worse!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:42 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Sounds like a painful lesson learned re undercoatings! I hope your burns aren't too bad Animal

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-03-2002, 02:53 AM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Whoa dude! Hope your arm isn't too bad man.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:00 AM   #8
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

*stays away from the bottoms of cars*
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas