Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-18-2000, 12:26 AM   #1
EH_Portia

The way I understood the reset adventure button (and why I never used it) is that it resets ALL characters guild ranking and quest completion -- in essence, starting the game over but keeping your weapons & experience. ... ... so doesn't this mean that it nullifies your current game in response to starting a new one? That doesn't sound like a solution to me.

Couldn't you just reinstall the game into a different directory? I'm not sure if it detects if the game has already been installed -- if so, I'd say your kids are screwed. heh

-EH

Old 10-18-2000, 08:50 AM   #2
Vhans

Hi, whenever I'm trying to load a second game on the same computer (my kids want to have their own party ) I get the message 'W&W already installed' or the like..
As you cannot restart with a different party (cannot start 'virgin' game) I see no way to have a second issue running on my machine. Any hints to overcome this problem?

Old 10-18-2000, 09:09 AM   #3
Perin

Create your party, start an adventure and save the game. Now go back into town and click the game options button in the lower left corner. One of the options is "Reset Adventure". Click that and all of your characters will be back in the inn. Your kids can then create a party and start an adventure of their own. They should save the game as well. You can then restore whichever game you want.

This should work for you. I just found the reset button with help from this forum. Good luck.

Old 10-18-2000, 09:31 AM   #4
Vhans

Thanks, Perin I found this option before but in fact I didn't dare to use it.......;-(

Old 10-18-2000, 01:04 PM   #5
Vhans

So who of you is right then? - I'll try now but I won't tell you the result, he,he..........thanks, guys!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2000, 04:29 PM   #6
Perin

I had a saved game from in the crypt when I hit the reset button. After I created a new party and a new adventure I was able to load the original game. I didn't really play it (loaded the wrong game), but I assume that I could have continued to play if I had wanted to. Of course we all know what happens when you assume... So this might not be a good option.

Old 10-18-2000, 05:11 PM   #7
Baughtizer

This method works for me and my 13 year old son. A nice thing is if you don't delete your old characters they can use one or more to give thier party items, gold, or skills they wouldn't have until later in the game (identify & repair for example). You just hav to save outside the town and reload from there when your ready to switch.

Old 10-19-2000, 07:32 AM   #8
Vhans

I now tested it myself (after making a backup of my savegames...). I works quite fine
Even if theoretically more than 3 different parties are needed (you need up to 18 members then, but can generate only 15!) it should work, (I didn't try it!) because you can delete all former generated PCs and work with the parties of the savegames.