Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-17-2004, 10:38 AM   #11
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I don't really know any of his work but it seems that he is a legend. So RIP!
Old 09-17-2004, 11:33 AM   #12
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Go listen to some challenging music!

www.progarchives.com

This wonderful world of music beyond your comprehension is what those eeedi-jots destroyed! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 11:39 AM   #13
philip
Galvatron

RIP haven't heard much but a friend let me listen to some and it was pretty cool

and JrKASperov if you don't like them why post here? Create a thread about prog metal then instead of posting some offtopic here [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 07:55 PM   #14
Jorath Calar
Harper

We never said Progrock was bad, so why the flamebaiting?

I don't even see the connection...
Old 09-17-2004, 08:13 PM   #15
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The the Ramones' influence on the evolution of rock was great and needed. The path that 70's prog rock took after the peak of, "Yes", for example, was what created the 80's cliche of bad rock.
Without the punk rock movement, I would have died. We would not have had alot of the great metel bands, like Metallica for example.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:18 PM   #16
LordKathen

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
Go listen to some challenging music!

www.progarchives.com

This wonderful world of music beyond your comprehension is what those eeedi-jots destroyed! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The funny part is that you are only 19, you were not even around for the prog rock you speak of, or the peak of the Ramones. I was raised on 70's rock of all kinds, during the era, and comprehend it well. "Yes" for example was a great band. My favorite band from that era, is "Rush". Then there is Pink Floyd!
You obviously love this style of music, and that is fine, but you are being a troll about ours.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #17
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Death of prog rock, huh? Well, haven't seemed to have heard much, so I dont guess its a big loss! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Lord K: My uncle is a big "Rush," too! He says they have pretty mucht he greatest drummer, ever! (I still like Lars, though.) [img]smile.gif[/img]
And anything that helped the creation of Metallica is a wonderful link in what I'm looking at as an "evolutionary" time. Recent music makes me wonder if the evolution is continuing, though.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:04 AM   #18
LordKathen

I love Rush! I have most of thier albums, "Caress of Steel" being my favorite. I saw them once at the Gorge Amphitheatre, here in WA, in '97. Great show!
And yes, Niel Peart is very very good. Actually, he has a PHD in music theory! Very impressive.

I saw Metallica (for the 6th time! ) play at that same venue, headlining for LollaPalooza, in '96, and the Ramones played as well. The point is, Metallica introduced them, and commented that if not for them, there would be no Metallica. Very honorable thing, for the biggest metal band in the world to give respect where respect is due. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Man, I was like 30 feet in front of Joey! They kicked total ass too!

As far as the continuing strugle in the evolution of mainstream metal, we are definetly in a dry phase IMO. There are a few bands pushing the envolope; Tool, A.P.C., Korn, Metallica, etc., but most of it is getting old real fast. The lollypop punk crap is getting old to. Blink182, did it well. Its over now, we need to move on...

[ 09-18-2004, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 09-18-2004, 02:38 PM   #19
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Lord K, just wanted to say that you are very lucky to have gotten to see so many live performances, by so many wonderful artists. Awesome, man!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 03:03 PM   #20
LordKathen

Heh, cool. Ya, I was one of the guys who blew off responsabilty all the time to see concerts, starting in my early teens. I have seen many many concerts of lots of different bands. Like I said, I have seen Metallica 6 times. And thats just one band, including all the bands playing with them, opening etc..
Ive seen everyone on from B.B. King to Tom Petty to Phish to Monsters of Rock in '88, including Van Halen, Scorpions etc..
My fav. venue would have to be The Gorge Amphitheatre. I have some pictures somewhere I took, I will try to find one for you.