Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2000, 04:38 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by PSI_Nova:

no i mean the dragon alone, damn it was hard my characters kept on flying away and falling alseep before being blasted by a fire ball, anyone got any suggestion about an easier way of killing a dragon.

Flying away and falling asleep? I think 'getting knocked senseless after smashing their heads on the ground due to the powerful gusts of wind generated by the wyrm's beating wings' would be a more appropriate way to describe the experience. You make it sound like your characters were drunk

Use the search function, you will find heaps of different ways on how to kill a dragon, based on your level and the composition of your party. Just click on search and type dragon as your keyword.
Old 11-15-2000, 05:30 AM   #12
Armisael

Or you could press page up and see that casting Magic Resistance and Greater Malison followed by Flesh to Stone is an easy way of taking him down.

Old 11-15-2000, 05:40 AM   #13
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I dont ever use this forum anymore, but i cant help but share my knowledge with the less informed.
A SIMPLE way of killing dragons:

memorise as many cloudkill, incendiary cloud spells and icestorm spells as possible. Get just out of view of the dragon and unleash your wrath! I suggest also using wands of cloudkill if you have any.
Old 11-15-2000, 06:04 AM   #14
Lofy

If you want to play Baldurs Gate II quick and painless you must be a Powergamer.
Otherwise come back when your Fighter's are 12th Level or higher.
A unfair Methode is using Cloudkill, Death of Fog.. before you speak to them.
I have killed the Shadow Dragon by using a Scroll of Desintegrate.
Attenion !! this can (not necessary) desintegrate magical Items too.

Old 11-15-2000, 06:22 AM   #15
Armisael

Quick and painless? It's not a blood test, it's a game. The idea is to challenge yourself.

Old 11-15-2000, 01:35 PM   #16
[twisti]

C'mon kid's, killing a dragon by cloudkill is so god damn cheap you shouldn't even think about it.

The dragons in BGII fall quite easily if you remember that dragons can't be hit with weapons below +2 or +3 (Firkraag needs even +4 if I remember right).

Most of these wanker cast "Immune to magic weapons" as soon as you attack them, which, of course, render them quite immune to almost everything.

So here is the way for the straight, rightfull aligned character.

Beef you up with everything you have got. Having 12+ mod's on your character really doesn't hurt so much and you will be impressed to see the what impact your fighters will make on those big frogs.

If you have a thief, set some traps, because they sometimes break the dragons spellcasting (I know this shouldn't be the case; anways, it works). Don't rest and set more traps, that's just as cheap as using cloudkill. Work with what you have. Oh, set the traps before you cast all those spells that only last for a few rounds =)

Prepare your sequenzer. Load it with lower resistances, greater mallison, breach, etc. You need to make the stubborn dragon vulnerable to your fighters and archers.

Talk to the dragon. Tell him that you are going to wax his ass. Attack him. Usually, as soon as you attack he will cast imunity of some kind. Show him that your mage is worth his money. Once you removed his invulnerability, move your fighters closer in prepare for some serious buttkicking. If some of your characters die, f*ck it, you can ressurect them later (if their pic disappears, just hit reload, because they are gone forever).

After that, rip the load of his dead claws. Then save, and call your friends and brag about what you just have accomplished.

Any questions ?

Old 11-15-2000, 11:50 PM   #17
PSI_Nova

oic thx ...but the dragon would have to wait i am now busy in the bridge district, i believe u guys have finish that part........so i want to ask how come the 'greedy' merchat having said the leather that i carry is a elephant skin or whatever, he get to keep it while i get to paid 100 buck for it..........as for the dragon sending a pit fiend against it sound fun maybe i will give it a try...lol and i don't want to ask this later, what does the dragon's dead claws do ??..thank again guys

Old 11-16-2000, 12:05 AM   #18
Armisael

: P
Figure of speech, he meant loot the corpse.

Old 11-16-2000, 12:52 AM   #19
SirNukes

Actually, I found Figraak of only moderate difficulty (without using really cheesy ways of doing damage). One thing I have learned about dragons: lightning wastes them (at least Figraak), even without lowering the dragon's resistance. That said, I will go into what I did.

All of my characters were about lvl 10 or 11 at the time I faced him. I summoned a couple air elementals, surrounded Figraak with the 2 elementals and my 4 guys who could do decent melee (a kensai, Minsc, Keldorn, and Mazzy), and kept my two mages (Nalia and Aerie) in the background. I opened with a double cast of lightning from my mages, doing a nice little bit of damage. As Figraak tossed around my melee people (by surrounding him, I always had someone on Figraak to keep him from targetting my mages), I tossed lightning spells at him (both the lvl 4 kind and from wands). A short while later (after having Mazzy temporarily killed and my elementals annihilated), Figraak went down.

I liked that battle; it was not too difficult and not too easy, with very nice rewards.

p.s. I did practically no damage from my melee'ers, except perhaps the lightning from the Flail of Ages.

Old 11-16-2000, 01:07 AM   #20
Armisael

Interesting, but the Flail of Ages only does fire, acid and cold damage.