Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 09:38 PM   #1
the mighty stamar

Where Im stuck is at the bottom of the first crypt with the rat pie stout.

Ok I chose the wizards path. Its the firepits and the closing portcullis room.

I looked through ironworks walkthrough already, it gave me three different solutions. Ive tried all three and failed many times. I need to get by this room somehow.

1. It says walk past the middle one walk backwards through it and walk around the perimeter? Well if someone can explain this to me more clearly and spell it out for me Ill try it again.

2. Push a crate through the portcullis? HAvent been able to get a crate to come into this area. Perhaps it is a patch but all carried items disapear before they get here.

3. Run and jump and roll through the portcullis? Nowhere near any success there. There is no command to duck or roll through. IF someone has done this can they tell me the keys and the exact locations ill press them.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
jsalsb
Elminster

well, untill someone who remembers better than me posts, I'll do what I can.
SPOILER!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
As I recall, the one fire that heals your wounds also resets the trap. You must go through the first fire, then all the others except the healing one in the middle. Is this the path with the switches in the alcoves? If so you must flip them both, and pass through all the flames (but the healing one!). As you hit the last flame patch, the gate should open and stay that way. If it's the other path, then I think I recall that you have to go forward and backward through the first fire (not the center one). Try it... what do you have to lose! Who knows, I might even remember what I'm talking about
Old 03-25-2003, 01:02 AM   #3
the mighty stamar

Sorry thats the warrior one.
What I might try to do is go to an earlier save and try to pick the warrior path and see if I can get through that one. It seems easier.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:22 AM   #4
the mighty stamar

Wonderful i went all the way back and tried to enter the warriors path... and the gate didnt open to enter the area at all. All I can think of this is its a bug.

Ok I have a save with the wizards path still.

What do you mean go forward and then backwards over it?

ok i go forward over it, and then backwards over it... ok and the gate is still closed when i get off it. then what? Do i walk over all the other ones? How many?

The description in the walkthrough says
This room is full of blazing fires that burn your party and a sealed portcullis at the end. The trick here is to walk over the central fire (the one directly facing the portcullis) and then walk backwards through it. After you have done this walk around the edge of the room and slip through the gate.

What do you mean around the edge of the room?
Do you walk over all of the fires in the corners?is there someway to walk around the edge avoiding the fires? What does it mean around? meaning go in a circle? I found no way to walk avoiding the fires.

When you walk backwards over it do you go completely beyond it so that its in front of you again? Why is walking backwards important to this could you turn around and walk forwards over it?

Are there any other walkthroughs for this game?
Old 03-25-2003, 03:37 AM   #5
the mighty stamar

Nevermind I did it!

I see youre supposed to use a crate AND run and jump over the fire. I finally found a crate that didnt disapear and ran and jumped so thanx until next time
Old 03-25-2003, 03:48 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

I. The warriors path.
When you look from the beginning of the fire way, you should see a closed portcullis at the end of the fire way. Also, the room with fires does not contain any levers. Do the following.
1. Look at the portcullis. If it is closed then enter the first fire carefully and retreat immediately when you get burnt. The portcullis is now open. If the portcullis was already open then skip this point.
2. Go forward directly. The portcullis will close and open and it will be open at the end of the way through the fires.

II. The wizards path.
When you look from the beginning of the fire way, you won't see any portcullis. The room with fires contains 2 levers in alcoves on its sides. You must not enter the central fire. The central fire heals instead of hurting but it also resets the fire trap.
1. Heal yourself completely. Go adound the wall to the first alcove. Flip the lever.
2. Heal yourself completely. Go back around the wall but instead of leaving the trap, continue around the wall to the second lever. Flip it.
3. Continue around the wall to the exit from the fire trap.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:50 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar:
Nevermind I did it!

I see youre supposed to use a crate AND run and jump over the fire. I finally found a crate that didnt disapear and ran and jumped so thanx until next time
HURRAH!!!!

This area can be pretty difficult especially since it is early in the game. I never had a problem with crates or chests disappearing when I tried to carry them - getting accidentally dropped, yes that happened a lot! Glad to hear that you made it through!!

Wyv