Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
solace in fire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I searched this topic up, and didn't find any threads based on this, so I hope this question hasn't been asked before...

I'm curious to know how may party member you generally play with, and why?

I prefer 5, because a 6th member is usually redundant (as in, I have all duties fufilled by 5, such as tank, healer, thief, etc). Also, 5 generally gives enough banter and such as to entertain me. I can usually go for 4, since 4 is enough to cover all necessary facets of gameplay, and also because with 4 members the experience isn't divided up too much.

AND also. I have a question about experience and leveling: in general, with a 5-to-6 member party, is it possible to get into high enough levels with all of your characters so that all of them have atleast one High-Level ability in Throne of Bhaal? And will mages generally have access to 9th level spells? What is the level comparisons between a group of 6, and a group of 4, who have both done all the quests in the game and play completely through Throne of Bhaal? Will the members of the group of 4 have significantly higher levels?
solace in fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I almost always play a party of 6, and they're usually around 4 million EXP apiece before I move on to any ToB areas. But I'm an EXP junkie and I know how to pretty much milk the game dry, so other peoples' totals may be less (and some may be more, for example I don't cheese by scribing spells over & over, etc.).
Old 01-02-2005, 01:00 AM   #3
solace in fire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So you have High-Level Abilities before you even get into Throne of Bhaal?
solace in fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:14 AM   #4
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

a group of 4 will have slightly higher level's that a groupe of 6..

I find there's more than enough XP in SoA to get High level ablitys before starting ToB, and if one of my party members is lacking I just head to watcher keep before I finish SoA..
Old 01-02-2005, 05:20 AM   #5
boran_blok
Dungeon Master

The exp difference from 6 to 5 doesnt really warrant the extra person you're missing imho (see table below) and the extra fighter/spellcaster/healer/amusement is definetly worth it, in games without interaction (icewind dale) I limit my party, but in BG I always go for the full six. (also because some quests give exp to each person, so the more people you have the more exp gets given)

Table of increase in exp with lower party size:

Party sizeExp gain (each)

0 %

20 %

50 %

100 %

200 %

500 %

(formula is 6/partySize)

Anyways, even with six, by the end of SoA most party members are around level 25 (might be a lvl or two lower, it has been a while)
boran_blok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 06:11 AM   #6
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, i normally play with only 1 character...I've been soloing for quite a while and have played just about every class there is. The last time i used a party was...
Old 01-02-2005, 08:14 AM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Usually play with 6, but I'm soloing atm, with tactics, and finding it hard but fun
Old 01-02-2005, 08:25 AM   #8
philip
Galvatron

I like playing with 6. I started soloing and all but I didn't like it very much. It just feels so empty and since i haven't seen everything yet I'd just as well play with a party. Also I can still set the difficulty higher.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:41 AM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I usually play with the party of 4 or 5. Six? Almost never.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:47 AM   #10
Mystique
The Magister

Boran_blok, so what you are saying is that with a party of 6 the people get 0% exp each?
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote