Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2000, 05:57 PM   #1
Mercator

I added the line DEBUG MODE=1 in the .ini file under the correct heading (Program Options) but anytime I type a code (like to create an item) in it returns with this..

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ring22")
lua: indexed expression not a table
Active Stack:
Active Stack:

Any tweak freaks out there know what's going wrong? I have the patched version and not the bonus CD.

Old 12-07-2000, 07:27 PM   #2
Ronn

I would also be interested in finding out about this. I can pull up the ClUA console, but when trying to add (for example) Hendak, I get an error in syntax. Please email me...

Old 12-07-2000, 07:30 PM   #3
Ronn

Open up your baldur.ini file. Under the [Program Options], add the following line:
Debug Mode=1
Then go into the game and press control-space. A console will appear (surprise surprise). Center the screen where you want Hendak to go, open the console, and type 'CLUACONSOLE:CreateCreature("Hendak")'. Voila, Hendak will appear.

I USED THIS EXACTLY, BUT STILL IT WON'T ADD HENDAK

Old 12-07-2000, 10:09 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Call up the CLUAConsole by pressing CTRL-SPACE.
Type in the following command:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("xxxxxx");

Where xxxxxx is the item code.

If this still doesn't work I have no idea.
Old 12-08-2000, 03:07 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Just some tips. Instead of debug mode=1 you can also type cheats=1 (might help)
Everything you write has to be case snsitive ok?
Check for sure you have typed in debug mode/cheats at the ight place, are a game options and program options check once more, they have a great cheat at www.Avault.com where you can see how to do this.
If its not working, check the cases and your spelling then what you wrote in your ini file. If this doesn´t work, get the shadowkeeper to get the items you want..

Well hopefully ypu can find the problems and fix it.
Old 12-08-2000, 03:57 AM   #6
MoKsha

if it's any consolation i had exactly the same prob re the inactive stack bit.
It was cured by copying exactly the syntax of the cheat
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("Ring32")

I'd tried loads of variants of this, perhaps the capitals make a difference. Whatever, good luck!
nb close the game and re start after tinkering with the ini file.
After this cheat worked i was able to use the other cheats with no problems at all ie warping etc

Old 12-08-2000, 02:51 PM   #7
Mercator

Thanks for all the help folks. I finally got it working. I'm not sure, but I think it was cause I didn't capitalize the 'R' in Ring. Go figure...

So remember, Capitalization matters!