Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-29-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

What character would be best? Is a Cleric/Thief/Fighter a good combination? I think it is, cause you can heal, you can thief and you can fight. What do you think?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:03 PM   #2
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

depends on how high a level you allow and what expansions you have
if its just nwn with no expansions then i would say a pure cleric or a cleric fighter is best.
If you have SoU/HoU then i would say 20 monk 16 druid 4 rogue is best, but you have to make sure to level the monk first. In order to get all of the skills you want you have to play around with who is leveling when towards the end. Ie, level up to 34 with druid, then rogue once, then druid again, then rogue twice, then druid again, then rogue as your final.
1-20 monk
21-34 druid
35 rogue
36 druid
37-38 rogue
39 druid
40 rogue
save up all of your skill points from the other classes till the end.
when your 39th add skill points up to 40 ranks in spellcraft & concentration if desired. Then at 40th with the rogue you can master about half of all of the rogue skills.
Stats at the start to do this are 18 wis 14 int 15 cha, put all of your points into wisdom as you level up, when you gain epic levels the first 3 should be to get wisdom feats. When it offers it get the dragon shapeshift form (this will be offered around 36th level). your final stat point from leveling to 40th should go towards the charisma.
this char is raw power; you do not need equipment on it at all. however to become more versitile you could add equipment so that when your not in dragon form you dont get the tar kicked out of you.
the other way around this is to go monk/druid/shifter, but you lose out on a lot of skills just to get the ability to transform into various other creatures.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:22 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Best character at what? For the NWN singleplayer official campaign, I'd say pure cleric with perhaps a few skillpoints in the cross class Open Lock skill.

Also, the above monk/druid/rogue would benefit a lot from starting out rogue at level 1. It's 14 bonus skillpoints to spend.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:16 PM   #4
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

I have NWN and both expansions (SoU&HoU). Well, i'm kinda of stubborn. I really like my Fighter/Cleric/Thief ... Other than that can you suggest what should i combine a ranger with or what ranger combinations would be best.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:26 PM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

A Ranger/Rogue or Ranger/Shadowdancer are both good combinations. The R/R gives you lot of skill points, Uncanny Dodge (you retain your dexterity AC bonus even when flatfooted) and sneak attacks. The R/S gives you Uncanny Dodge and Hide in Plain Sight (hiding even when the enemy spotted you).
Old 09-29-2004, 05:30 PM   #6
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I'm a straight cleric fan with a rogue as my companion to open tricky locks and find and remove traps. And if he/she can't open a lock I have found Flame Strike does the job everytime!

[ 09-29-2004, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Albromor ]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:04 AM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

I have a halfling samurai...10th level fighter, 18th level weapon master (Katana). He is a damn food processor!! I crit on every 2 swings or so, and with whirlwind, and my epic feats, I have nearly 450 hp's. I typicaly like monks or a fighter/rogue. Fighters get great feats for melee, so I pick it over ranger/rogue. I also enjoy my 20th drow sorceror/8th red dragon disciple. 20cleric/20 druid is nice too. Work on wisdom and for both classes, get a 12 dex, some in strength to carry loot, and the rest in charisma and you should be fine.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:49 AM   #8
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

What about a Ranger/Cleric ? Is it a good combination? And is a Ranger/Cleric/Rogue a possible combination?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:21 AM   #9
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Moon-Child_Lman:
What about a Ranger/Cleric ? Is it a good combination? And is a Ranger/Cleric/Rogue a possible combination?
I just started a new game with ranger/cleric. No expansions... I plan distributing classes more or less evenly so in the end I have something like cleric 10/ranger 8.
Am soloig with no henchmen. Might take the animal companion once I can. Only take the thief henchman to open some locks then leave him there.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:30 AM   #10
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

Can you have an animal companion and a henchmen at the same time? And how long does do animal companion last? Untill it dies?