Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 11:17 PM   #1
CyberPixie

Hi everyone! I just bought a new game called Summoner and was wondering if anyone else here has played it or knows anything about it.

------------------
"It is impossible to know all the answers. Content yourself with knowing some of the questions."

Old 04-07-2001, 11:39 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

How is it? I am still debating which game I should get after finals.....Kohan, Fallout Tactics, ... etc. Decisions....decisions.....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 03:48 AM   #3
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Never played it... or heard of it actually... :|

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-08-2001, 03:52 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

This is what Gamespot has to say:

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/filter...342121,00.html

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 04:29 AM   #5
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberPixie:
Hi everyone! I just bought a new game called Summoner and was wondering if anyone else here has played it or knows anything about it.

I bought it, installed it and played it for a few hours and the deleted it and returned it the next day. REALLY bad IMO. It's camera gets stuck in objects too, but worse that Vampire did!

PS: You should try the CRPG "Blade of Darkness", it's A LOT better. I think it was better IMO..

Ziroc

Old 04-08-2001, 06:42 AM   #6
Poe_the_Monk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My roommate and I purchased two copies of the game, as our computers are networked and we often play games over LAN. We lost interest by the time our characters were level 6...and we got sooo bored with it we broke down and installed a money cheat just so we could boost up our characters and go through all the levels because we felt we should at least see everything. All of the quests are solved, the gateways opened and every single interactive object has been deactivated leaving us with nothing to do but hack and slash ....BORING! we get enough of that in the normal course of the games.
I am now laboring through single player mode, and it is somewhat better which makes it painfully obvious to me now that they threw the multiplayer mode in there as an afterthought. I probably wont make it to the end of single player as my overall opinion of the game is somewhat soured now anyway. I do not appreciate game developers who snub their nose at providing a robust multiplayer experience. "We didnt think the story would work with multiplayer"..that is a quote from something I read over at the official site. Obviously the dev team isn't big on current events and has seemingly never heard of "Balders Gate" games or "Darkstone" and a number of others. There are some neat things in the game, it has a decent story line and I feel like it had some pretty creative and talented people that built this game. Unfortunately the game also had a feel of inexperience. By inexperience I mean, there are certain common processes that other games simply do better and more efficiently. For example, when you want to access a spell scroll you have to click on your inventory screen (its a full screen) and then open an aditional sub menu for any item you click ..and if you want to use 5 scrolls on a tough monster you end up having to leave your battle view 5 times..and the game does not pause while you are doing it either by the way.....whereas in most other games your console allows for some sort of "quickslot" or something ...its as if these game makers didnt bother to get too familiar with how other games solve certain user issues. The whole automatic moving camera thingy is another irritation of this game...its a little neat but they failed to give me control of it when I need it to be at certain angles.
This game is going to have a very short shelf life but since you've already purchased it, go ahead and try it, there might be a little something good in it for you.

Poe

Old 04-08-2001, 11:27 AM   #7
CyberPixie

Yuck! Wish I had asked all of your for your opinions BEFFORE I actually bought it! Ah well...live and learn!
Ziroc: I did enjoy Vampire, although it had its problems. I liked the story, the graphics, etc. There were several things I would have changed if I had my way, but overall, I had a good time playing it.

------------------
"It is impossible to know all the answers. Content yourself with knowing some of the questions."