Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 09:28 PM   #21
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Hi, Turbovee! I missed you!!!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-04-2001, 09:30 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
LadyZ, how many tanks did you say you had? Big ones, I think, too! That is one heck of a lot of water to move!!!

CB

Have one 55 Gallon and two 30's. Really need to take some fish to the pet store and just have the 55 I think. Overkill!! Damn things keep having babies!!! A few years ago I brought about 150 baby cichlids to the pet store! They actually put 4 of them in their display tank in the store (not for sale). I was proud!!!

------------------
Old 04-04-2001, 09:37 PM   #23
turbovee
Elminster

Hey LadyRae

thanks for the reply. It's nice to know there are a few of you out there who still remember me. I see things are doing well at the Moon's Hope Inn

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-04-2001, 09:42 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Have one 55 Gallon and two 30's. Really need to take some fish to the pet store and just have the 55 I think. Overkill!! Damn things keep having babies!!! A few years ago I brought about 150 baby cichlids to the pet store! They actually put 4 of them in their display tank in the store (not for sale). I was proud!!!

NEAT...er not that they reproduce so fast...but that the store liked them!
Those are big tanks! WHOA!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-04-2001, 09:43 PM   #25
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
Hey LadyRae

thanks for the reply. It's nice to know there are a few of you out there who still remember me. I see things are doing well at the Moon's Hope Inn

How you been??? How was your mission??? Jeesh, it's nice to see ya!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-04-2001, 09:44 PM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
ack!

It's obvious you know what you're doing so I won't bother to ask anymore silly questions. How are your fish adjusting? I had several combinations of african and south american fish. My favorite was a tank busting 3 1/2 foot clown knife. I eventually went to salt water and after my energy prices went through the roof I gave up fish all together.

Hehe! Yeah, been addicted to fish for years now! I was just surprised by the water at the new house is all. Never saw those test results before! Luckily, my cichs and catfish seem to be pretty hardy, so if I keep a good eye on them I'll figure out a way to keep em healthy. The nice thing about African fish is they really come towards the glass and take an interest in looking at you! Hard to not get attached you know? We had to leave them overnight this weekend in about 6 inches of water, no heater or anything. I was so worried they would perish, but they survived and are nice and warm and swimming around as usual now in my roonm (hubby said fish tanks had to be in my room now, because he is tired of hearing water flowing! Hey, no worries, I like to keep them near me anyway!) What's the point in having a fish tank if you can't look at them?

I'd love to have a saltwater tank, but it takes a lot of money equipment-wise. Not to mention the fish costs at the minimum $50.00, so if a fish dies you are kicking yourself! But you get beautiful fish with a salt tank, e.g., Clownfish, Seahorses, starfish, ever seen a cowfish (looks like something floating in a stew with eyes?!) etc...

------------------
Old 04-04-2001, 09:48 PM   #27
turbovee
Elminster

been good. At least at naughty elves are able too. The mission went well, but unfornately what I do is a wee bit classified, so I can't talk too much about it. I can tell you that I launched and recovered about 100 small boats onto the well deck of a large amphibious assault ship for my two weeks and worked my animals. Poor things didn't like the ship.

------------------
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-04-2001, 09:58 PM   #28
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ah, good to see you again Turbovee.
How is the CL?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-04-2001, 10:07 PM   #29
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
ever seen a cowfish (looks like something floating in a stew with eyes?!) etc...

Had one! I thought they were too cool. Salt water is awesome, but your right equipment is dreadfully expensive along with the fish. When I was younger I lost about $400 dollars worth of fish when I threw a party at my house and the bass from the speakers killed all my fish. I had the tank all the way in the back of the house and they still died. I had a 250 gallon tank about a year ago but imagine the electric drain that thing had. I loved my fish as much as as you can love a fish I guess, but if I could go back I wouldn't own another fish tank. Way too frustrating and heartache flushing $100 fish down the drain.

------------------
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-04-2001, 10:09 PM   #30
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Ah, good to see you again Turbovee.
How is the CL?

Awesome! couldn't wait to get back into the driver's seat again! I fall in love with that car more and more every day. I feel like a total player rolling around in that thing

------------------
Peace and hair grease