Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2002, 11:27 AM   #1
Troll
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got 3 shells and brought them to the shipyard. I was then able to purchase 2 masks and 2 breathers. So I then proceeded to spend most of the evening finding crabs and got the required 6 more shells.

BUT when I hand them in it seems that he is only got 1 mask and 2 breathers for sale for each set of 3 shells. This would make me have to hunt down an additional 6 stupid crabs - something I'm hoping to desperately avoid.

Has anyone else run into this and if so, did you come across a solution?

Thanks
Troll

p.s. Thanks Wyv for answering my Samurai question!
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 04:13 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Troll!

As I recall, he had a mask and/or breather available prior to you bringing him any shells at all. Are you counting that original inventory in what you were able to purchase the first time? I honestly don't remember if there is a consistant ratio between how many shells you have to bring in to get mask and breathers. I didn't have any difficulty collecting enough shells for my group and rather enjoyed the hunting. Other players, I know, have complained that finding enough shells has been very difficult so obviously that can vary from game to game.

Another possibility you might consider is that you do not have to take all your party with you. You can leave some in the inn while you do the Collasium. Just keep in mind that you will have to fight the MOther of Crabs and will want to have the appropriate characters with you to take her on!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 04:14 PM   #3
the_young_one
Manshoon

I'm afraid that's the normal exhange rate.. 3 shells=2 masks and 1 underwater breather..

Some suggestions:
1. Take a smaller party into Colliseum.. You'll find plenty of crabs down there and you can always teleport back to town and return again...

2. If you have the iron lung trait (barbarian level 5 in the guilds I think), then they can breathe longer

3. Use a combination of breath of air (level 6 vine spell) and healing spells to repair that spellcaster

4. Take advantage of one of the game bugs where you can drop an item while you're in the shop and this will appear in the shop's inventory so if you have one shell, you can drop and buy back repeatedly..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 04:48 PM   #4
Troll
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Guys! Once again great input - I'll just go with a smaller group and teleport back home as I gather more.

Thanks for the shop drop bug - I prefer to steer away from bugs unless there's no alternative - none the less at least I know it's there.

Troll
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote