Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-05-2003, 10:11 PM   #1
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I got my current PC from my brother so I am not sure what the exact specs are, and I need to figure out what kind of video card it has..Is there a way to find out what kind it is?

Also, I remember there being some sort of trick to freeing up system resources, it was Start/Run/msconfig, go to selective start up and uncheck all the boxes, but when I did that and restarted, my color was all distorted and my color was set back to 16 Bit. Any help? Thanks.

[ 07-05-2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 07-05-2003, 10:27 PM   #2
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

To see what kind of video card you have, go to Start -> Run, type in 'dxdiag' and then press enter. Click the 'display' tab at the top and your video card (and its memory) will be displayed in the left-hand column.

To get your graphics back to what they were, I'd suggest going to Start -> Run, and typing in 'msconfig.' Once you're there, go to the 'startup' tab at the top, and check the boxes that could have anything do with graphics - ie. chipsets or accelerators. I think you somehow disabled your graphics driver by accident in an attempt to free system resources on your computer on startup.

[ 07-05-2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 07-05-2003, 10:40 PM   #3
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Well I fixed the graphics before I posted the topic. But thanks with the video card help. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 07-06-2003, 07:30 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Well I fixed the graphics before I posted the topic. But thanks with the video card help. [img]smile.gif[/img]
You could try fixing the registry by yourself. I use Regcleaner which you can find here. It lists all start up programs on your computer. You can then check what the different programs are here. It lists all start up programs. [img]smile.gif[/img]