Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2002, 05:48 PM   #21
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Here is another classic line Chris Farley " YOUR GONNA BE LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BUY THE RIVER" LMAO i love that sketch too [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2002, 05:48 PM   #22
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Oh, Nano.. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img] I think, my friend, you are just to young to appreciate Chevy. That roast was a bomb if you ask me. They should have roasted him unstead of the other roasters. If you get a chance, rent the "Best of SNL, with Chevy Chase" video. He is a classic SNL comedian. Not to mention Vaction.
He has faded out in his career, but as someone said in that roast, he has stuck by his comedy style, instead of selling out for the money. I personaly think he is great. Have you seen Caddy Shack?
Anyway, please, no offence here, just thought I would pipe in.
I agree with you. I actually liked several of Chevy's lesser known movies as well as Caddy Shack, Fletch, Fletch 2, and others I can't recall the names of at the moment [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2002, 06:34 PM   #23
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I also enjoy Chevy Chases movies, even the lesser known ones (btw his name is redundant, i forget what language chevy is but it means chase)

my favorites would be the Celebrity Jeopardy skits and the ones that formed the basis for the "Night at the Roxbury" movie churchlady is awesome "Santa is Satan" ROFL
Old 12-02-2002, 06:37 PM   #24
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I agree with you. I actually liked several of Chevy's lesser known movies as well as Caddy Shack, Fletch, Fletch 2, and others I can't recall the names of at the moment [img]smile.gif[/img]
"Spies Like Us"(w/Dan Aykroyd) and "Modern Problems".
Old 12-02-2002, 06:38 PM   #25
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
I also enjoy Chevy Chases movies, even the lesser known ones (btw his name is redundant, i forget what language chevy is but it means chase)

my favorites would be the Celebrity Jeopardy skits and the ones that formed the basis for the "Night at the Roxbury" movie churchlady is awesome "Santa is Satan" ROFL
It is also the name of an affluent neighborhood here in the DC area [img]smile.gif[/img] Chevy Chase Maryland.

Old 12-02-2002, 06:39 PM   #26
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
quote:
"Spies Like Us"(w/Dan Aykroyd) and "Modern Problems".[/QUOTE]Yup thems the ones I meant [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2002, 06:39 PM   #27
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me.
Al Franken!! He was pretty funny with his Stuart Smalley sketch.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:15 PM   #28
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Many great comedians start as SNL nobodies. Jimmy Fallon is an all time fav.
I just got done watching a Chevy Chase roast rerun, and I'd have to say that he isn't one of them [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh, Nano.. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img] I think, my friend, you are just to young to appreciate Chevy. That roast was a bomb if you ask me. They should have roasted him unstead of the other roasters. If you get a chance, rent the "Best of SNL, with Chevy Chase" video. He is a classic SNL comedian. Not to mention Vaction.
He has faded out in his career, but as someone said in that roast, he has stuck by his comedy style, instead of selling out for the money. I personaly think he is great. Have you seen Caddy Shack?
Anyway, please, no offence here, just thought I would pipe in.
[/QUOTE]Hey, dood! Only kidding [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Of course I think Chevy is a great comedian, those Vacation movies were awesome, and the Three Amigos had a few laughs along the way. I said that in regards to his "come back" at the end [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2002, 07:15 PM   #29
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
quote:
"Spies Like Us"(w/Dan Aykroyd) and "Modern Problems".[/QUOTE]Oh! Yes! "Modern problems"...that was great!! I forgot all about that one.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:54 PM   #30
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Also all the 'Bryan Fellows' sketches are pretty halrious.

I am Bryan Fellows!...That Goat was weird!!
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge