Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-13-2001, 06:58 PM   #21
The_ Fur_Cough
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You apologising cos she's a man or cos he's called Wendy?

------------------
Aaahh.... Fur Cough.
Old 09-13-2001, 07:02 PM   #22
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The_ Fur_Cough:
You apologising cos she's a man or cos he's called Wendy?
LW is a 6-5 275 lbs-MLB-type - and also quite "voluptuous" as he/she is also a part-time transsexual ! So, actually both would be correct

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 07:04 PM   #23
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
I have just realized that none of the ladies themselves has replied here so far - and naturally started to wonder why that is ... Don't they have any preferences as to how they like to be addressed ?

Well, if they keep shunning me like that, I still might be tempted to go with Dio's suggestion ...

Down where I come from, 'Oi tart', is the most usual form of address. Failing that, 'yo, slapper' goes down a treat. Never call an Englishwoman 'ma'am'. She'll think you've mistaken her for the Queen!

Seriously, in Britain, what do we do.....? Hmmmmmmmm....... Actually, if you don't know someone, the tendency is just to use 'you', and forget the salutation altogether. Calling someone Miss - well, you'd get some very odd looks....... same goes for Madam..... Except if you're in a v. pricey rest. or hotel....

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 07:07 PM   #24
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL FC, sooo funny What exactly is err.. your gender by chance? C'mon, c'mon!! Cough it up!

LofA, St. Paulygirl -

Ramon oh yee Ramon - Oh dear! You are looking for a way to address the ladies, yet have "fun" as well. Mmmmm... dunno. "girlygirlygirly! girlygirlygirly!" Beats me... I trust you will come up with something Ramon!

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 07:10 PM   #25
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
LW is a 6-5 275 lbs-MLB-type - and also quite "voluptuous" as he/she is also a part-time transsexual ! So, actually both would be correct

Ohhhh! You will pay for that one. Not now though. Later.. yes... when you least expect it yes....

yep, uh huh, oh yeeeaah

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 07:12 PM   #26
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Down where I come from, 'Oi tart', is the most usual form of address. Failing that, 'yo, slapper' goes down a treat. Never call an Englishwoman 'ma'am'. She'll think you've mistaken her for the Queen!

LOL Silver Cheetah! "Oi tart"? "yo slapper"? HAHAHA, never heard of any of those, but they sound not very complimentary LOL!

still laughing..... Thanks!

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 07:13 PM   #27
The_ Fur_Cough
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wish I were a girlie, just like my dear Papa.

err what's my gender? What has the bumper on my car got to do with anything LadyBloke?

------------------
Aaahh.... Fur Cough.
Old 09-13-2001, 07:18 PM   #28
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by The_ Fur_Cough:
I wish I were a girlie, just like my dear Papa.

err what's my gender? What has the bumper on my car got to do with anything LadyBloke?

Looks like you just missed out on my "Monty Python" thread!!!
I'm guessing you're a guy, but I KNOW you're a lumberjack!!

BTW Ramon cubed, Here in the little old south (said with a verry thick southern accent), I get called ma'am all the time and I don't have a problem with it (although 15 years ago, it kinda freaked me out). Um, I'm also fond of "yon lusty wench", too. (I actually had a friend who called me her 'wench' all the time - why, I'll never know, but she WAS a card. Of course, I called her 'cricket' and I don't know why, either.)

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-13-2001, 07:18 PM   #29
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
LOL Silver Cheetah! "Oi tart"? "yo slapper"? HAHAHA, never heard of any of those, but they sound not very complimentary LOL!

still laughing..... Thanks!

Glad you liked it!

We'd usually say such as a kind of a joke, in a sort of an affectionate way. So, if I meet up with my best friend, I might say, 'yo, tart', or something similar.

My sister tends to go for the slapper greeting option, because she knows it really annoys me! Grrrr.....

Men don't usually use these greeting forms - not if they know what's good for them anyway.....

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 07:19 PM   #30
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Ohhhh! You will pay for that one. Not now though. Later.. yes... when you least expect it yes....

yep, uh huh, oh yeeeaah
Yes, please, make me pay ! I can actually not wait for that ....

(Boy, she must be REALLY bored tonight: she is digging up 'em sheep of hers again ! )

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !