Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-08-2001, 06:33 PM   #11
Gimlee
Elminster

Yes, Edwin and Korgan like each other. Edwin is one of the few NPC that he doesn't insult.
Old 05-08-2001, 07:20 PM   #12
koz-ivan
Manshoon

i'll vote for yoshimo.

his interaction w/ nalia is kinda cool,

& w/ haredalis & edwin are real eye popping.

and he can dance on the head of a pin as well....
Old 05-08-2001, 07:37 PM   #13
Lord Shield

It's funny seeing these mentions of Kivan as he's just joined my party in my BG1 game (I'm going for Imoen, Kivan, Minsc, Dynaheir and Branwen)
My favourite, however, was Coran (in BG1) and (Jan/Korgan/Edwin) in BG2 - all 3 of these guys were effective AND funny

Old 05-08-2001, 07:47 PM   #14
Tom
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimlee:
Yes, Edwin and Korgan like each other. Edwin is one of the few NPC that he doesn't insult.
I played through the game and Korgan and Minsc sorta are friendly to each other.

Old 05-08-2001, 10:18 PM   #15
Gargoyle
Manshoon

It would have to be Xzar from BG 1, either him or Quayle.
As for BG 2, it just has to be Jan, I also thought Mazzy had some good conversations !

------------------

Time is only relevant if you have none !
Old 05-08-2001, 10:44 PM   #16
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

MINSC!!!!!!!
He is the funniest bugger and of course he has boo!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-08-2001, 10:51 PM   #17
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Minsc, Jaheira and Imoen are the only NPCs I've completed both games with. I prefer playing solo.

Minsc just happens to be the "go-to" guy for me. He always comes through when I need him.

And , truth be told, I had a crush on Imoen. I felt so dirty when I found out she was my sister... I have to go bathe again...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Phil
Old 05-08-2001, 11:11 PM   #18
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
I played through the game and Korgan and Minsc sorta are friendly to each other.

They are both great warriors....just on different alignment scale......

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-09-2001, 01:39 AM   #19
Cayle
The Magister

Like-
Minsc, Imoen and J- because they are your character's real friends. Besides, Minsc kicks butt! People who complain about Minsc, or rangers in general, probably do not know how to get the best out of their woodsy boys (and girls).
Viconia- She is a great cleric, her magic resistance comes in real handy and she has great dialouge in a romance.
Jan- enough said! He is funny and wherever you go, people seem to know him
Keldorn- I actually like his stern and sincere personality. First time I played with him, I wrecked his family life. Poor guy.
Val- he is growing on me. I like his "I have a lot lo learn" personality and he just looks tooooooooo cool with dual katanas.
Kivan- But I HATED his portrait.

Dislike-
Korgan- He is a jerk and I think he is an overrated fighter. Grand mastery is not everything and besides, Minsc and Val can sneak up and get the first shot in. I usually keep him long enough to do his quest and antagonize Aerie.
Edwin- I always killed him in BG1. Yes, he is a great mage, but he is also Edwin!
Anomen- everyone loves to hate Ano. My ranger left him in Spellhold. My Cavalier tolerates him because of some feeling of Radiant Heart Brotherhood. My Evil mage is trying to get him over to the dark side. My LG conjurer has avoided the CC, but I hear that if Minsc meets Ano before the PC does…
Garrick- He was useless in BG1. The only redeeming quality is his scenes in BG2.

Mixed Feelings-
Aerie She can be a VERY effective spell caster if used correctly. She is loyal and nice, but I just don’t dig the teeny girl thing.
Khalid- Loyal and likeable. Good fighter, but he seemed to spend most of his time with a yellow circle.

Why are my posts always so long?

------------------
- Cayle
Old 05-09-2001, 03:45 AM   #20
Halbred
The Magister

Minsc... cause he rocks plain and simple... oh and i didn't really like nalia... kinda butch i thought