Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2002, 09:17 PM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm afraid that Cerek may be a goner if I don't get some help.

When I bought my new PC system, I took both machines to a local computer store and asked them to "copy all the files" from my old machine to the new one. To make a long story short, they copied only a very few files...and NONE of my Saved BG games!!!! [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

Cerek (who is actually a Wizard Slayer) had just left the Underdark and made it to 20th level - which means that he and Jaheira got to start picking their cool new SPECIAL ABILITIES.

Now, I have tried to e-mail all the files for that game from the old system (which now belongs to my mom) to the new system. I've received them and loaded them into a specially prepared folder under Saved games on my new machine, but the that particular game will NOT load!!!

It should work, because I also e-mailed two other games I had Saved, and both of those Loaded just fine.

When I try to run the 20th level game, it will START to Load, then the screen suddenly goes black and the computer locks down. I have to ReStart it every time.

Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening????

Hmmmm....just had a thought as I was typing this. I haven't Installed ToB on the new machine yet. It could be the Special Ability files that's mucking everything up.

What do you think??
Old 09-21-2002, 09:19 PM   #2
Moni

That sounds logical.
If it doesn't work, try zipping it next time you send it, it could have gotten corrupt in the transfer.

Old 09-21-2002, 09:31 PM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric

Thanks, Moni.

I thought of that too. But like I said, two other games came through without any problem.

I even Deleted the 20th level game and tried Sending it through a second time. Same thing happened both times.

I will try Installing ToB and see if that's the problem.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:55 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

good luck with it Cerek, I hope installing ToB fixes it, if not then look at any other mods you had installed, and duplicate them
Old 09-21-2002, 11:10 PM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Cerek I'm not certain on the exp. caps, but I think level 20 is higher than you can get on SoA alone. So your problem could lie in the exp caps.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 09-22-2002, 12:19 AM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric

You may be right, Firestormalpha. I never even thought of that.

Well, all's well that ends well. I did a Full Install of ToB, and that seems to have fixed the problem. The game loads perfectly now. Granted, I haven't actually tried playing it yet. We'll just have to wait and see what happens once I return to my adventure.

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions. I appreciate it.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:36 AM   #7
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Thanks, Moni.

I thought of that too. But like I said, two other games came through without any problem.

I even Deleted the 20th level game and tried Sending it through a second time. Same thing happened both times.

I will try Installing ToB and see if that's the problem.
'Welcome

Best of Luck getting it straightened out.

[ 09-22-2002, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 09-22-2002, 02:53 AM   #8
Hexa
The Magister

TOB or a simple patch that u installed on the old pc will probably be the problem!@