Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2000, 07:03 AM   #11
Kalundrin the Skald

funny thing is we haven't really addressed the question at the start of this thread have we ... = )

i wuz reading the rules ... it only sez that u can'tcast in armor ... nothing about not being able to weild a 2 handed ... so maybe 2 things can happen ... either u can't use the sword till u surpass the kensai level ... which u probably found out by now ... or u already can ...

one thing i want to ask u guys on dual classing is ... is there a cap for dual classing ?? like considering the amt of sidequests in BG2 ... seems like u can amass more than enuff EXP to get your dual classed char maxed out for both classes if they permit but do dual classed char's have the same EXP restrictions as multiclassed chars ?? or can u do a Fighter/Thief 19/23 ???

Old 10-17-2000, 08:16 AM   #12
gunner

You shouldn't be able to use a two handed sword until after your mage has went one more then your kensai as it is against the restriction of what a mage can use. total experience for multi classes is the sum of the two classes, so that means you can't get as high with multi as with singles. but considering it takes a lot of experience to get to the next level when you are near the top end, you should be able to get pretty high. i have been working on figuring the max for multi classes, so tell me and i'll publish them on here.

Old 10-17-2000, 08:49 AM   #13
gunner

done those calcs on the multi class
they are

Fighter/cleric 14/14
fighter/druid 13/14 or 14/13 as both upgrade at the same experience but they both can't update as it is above the cap
fighter/mage same as above
mage/cleric 14/14
mage/thief 14/16
cleric/ranger 14/13
thief/cleric 17/14

i didn't do the tri class as i have never played one but can figure it out if some one want to know.