Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-22-2002, 06:53 PM   #1
The Cavalier
Manshoon

Do I go with saemon or go to the underdark? WHich one will reap the greatest rewards? I have most of the equalizer parts (It sounds kinda crappy from what I hear here, but my guy uses a longsword, so it'll be nice). Or will I be able to do both?
The Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 06:59 PM   #2
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Saemon by far!

Going directly to the underdark will in effect be skipping an entire area: The Sahuagin city. It is even a relatively easy one with really good loot. The infamous Cloak of Mirroring AKA Cloak of Cheese is here.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:04 PM   #3
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

where's the cloak of mirroring?

also get the wave blade, and some xp(not alot) plus you could slaughter a city of evil doers
Old 11-22-2002, 07:05 PM   #4
The Cavalier
Manshoon

But will I still be able to go to the Underdark? I heard there are some good items there, plus I see there are some enemies you can fight continually and stuff (a level up or two now wouldn't hurt... I love battling). I'm a paladin, so killing some evil doers sounds nice.

[ 11-22-2002, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: The Cavalier ]
Old 11-22-2002, 07:14 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

You can either go straight to the underdark, or go along with Saemons screw-up escape and get the sahaugin city, followed by the underdark.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:30 PM   #6
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

if you love battling the underdark will be fun, sounds like your first time through
I'd kill all three caves(shaugin, mind-flayers, beholders) I thought the beholders where the hardest but supposedly the cloak of mirroring makes it easy(ier)
Lotsa xp and some good loot. you only need to do one part though
Old 11-22-2002, 07:32 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I wish the Portal had an actual area along the way that was as good & rewarding as the Saughain City; In effect, making gamers realize that they'd have to choose between the loot from one and the loot from the other. With the way it is now, having one of the choices be so obviously "right" irks me a bit.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:38 PM   #8
The Cavalier
Manshoon

So where is this cloak of whatever and everything you are talking about? I just cleared the fish people place, and I didn't find any cloak (I helped the priestess betray the king). It seemed like the right thing to do
Old 11-23-2002, 02:19 AM   #9
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

i'm not sure where the cloak is but if you wanna have some fun(and get some loot) attack the prince. He's an evil shaugin so no worry about reputation. and you get some good stuff(notably the wave blade)
did you open that box where the beholder is? i think it might be in there
Old 11-23-2002, 06:26 AM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Cavalier:
So where is this cloak of whatever and everything you are talking about? I just cleared the fish people place, and I didn't find any cloak (I helped the priestess betray the king). It seemed like the right thing to do
Ah, no wonder why you didn't find it. It is on the Priestess herself, meaning that you have to kill her.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote