Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-31-2001, 11:02 PM   #1
Turin_Mormegil

Yes britney is a one hit wonder,slut, b@#$!h etc etc etc but thats not the topic here

The topic is 1 shot hits that can severly injure or even kill big bosses like dragons, liches, mind flayers etc

The most obvious is backstab. Assasin i think gets the most multipliers. I think (might be wrong) they get x6 at level 13. Now figuring u get a nice dagger like a +2 or even better Stillto of the Demarchess,Pixie Prick, or BoneBlade your theif should be some decent damage. Unless you are an smashbuckler (no multipliers ) The problem is most theives dont have good thaco to hit on a regular basis...lets face it backstabbing fircagg or bodhi isnt a small feat. The thing that i wanna discuss is howto maximize your backstab and other skills (monk quivering palm, druid harm) by raising their thaco to make em bosskillers. As i said a few days ago find traps and open locks can be simulated with low level spells making a theif useless. Unless it is for a)set traps and b)backstab. With one backstab a theif can do an upwards of 96 damage (most ive ever seen). Not everyone can do this but almost everyone done corretly can do 60 damage (no not swashbuckler). Plus you get assasins poision on their dagger which means BUYA big damage.

Old 01-31-2001, 11:07 PM   #2
turbovee
Elminster

How about a no hit wonder? A good mage never makes contact with his opponent and with the right spell can not only wipe out the big baddies, but can kill a big group of knuckleheads.
Old 01-31-2001, 11:12 PM   #3
Larry

My favorite has always been to cast Imprisonment on the dragons...watch them disappear, then cast freedom because I forgot to blow a good-bye kiss, ...then back into imprisonment he goes!! (double exp. points!)

Old 02-01-2001, 02:47 AM   #4
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

umm... why add britney in your post?? (i find it no relation whatsoever..) please dont say such offensive words... although you dont like britney you dont have to say it in such an offensive manner...

besides im a small fan of hers...
Old 02-01-2001, 03:36 AM   #5
_max_RUSSKIE

Heheh i have a lvl 23 assasin and he has an "Octuple" backstab damage heheh.......

adding holy might (all stats 25, hide in shadows and poison weapon(+ 38 damage)) this kills any and all enemies heheh.

Apart from dragons and beholders of course.

I killed Mencar Pebblecrusher (200 hp's) first hit

Old 02-01-2001, 03:39 AM   #6
_max_RUSSKIE

Zoratorak, sorry to flame un peu.....

I know i shouldnt be saying this, but the world would be a brighter place if britney stuck her head down the toilet and kept it there for a month.

Well thats my opinion, after all i listen to Slayer.

Old 02-01-2001, 07:41 AM   #7
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

ehm some spell
sunfire if i'm correct
it's in the weapon daystar
delivers 3d8 +1d8 per level damage to undead
well being about level 12 or something you can already do 15d8 damage to liches
that wil kill thjem in one blow
Old 02-01-2001, 01:35 PM   #8
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

About the backstab: My kensai/thief has good THACO and did 264 damage to a mage WITHOUT any strengthmodifiers (the thief had no str.modifiers). He has a natural 18/00 in strength.

Quintiduoble damage (x5) is sufficient.
Old 02-01-2001, 01:56 PM   #9
Gnat
Welcomed New User

I played a Druid (Avenger kit) the first time through and wound up sticking a lot of Chromatic Orbs in as first level spell choices. At Level 12 the target has to make a save or die (it is an easy save to make at +6 though). It was funny to see tough enemies drop with one Chromatic Orb after I had made all the preparations for hard fight. First one that went down with a single Chromatic Orb for me was Glaicas in the Nalia'a Keep Quest. I wonder if the expansion to BG2 will let me take the Avenger past 14th level. Oh, well.