Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-01-2006, 02:50 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Me brother is spending his holliday vacations over, and we both got the game to play on our LAN.

We've been having lots of fun, the game feel more like a traditional RPG than a mmorpg, it's different from other games.

PvP kick ass. We've been doing a tons of it. I really like the fact that you never have to wait more than 30 seconds for it. We just hit 11, and we can't wait to find a new arena to pvp in.

If anyone want to say hi ingame I'm mostly playing a character named Lady Tashia, my monk warrior.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:55 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the Club mate. Glad you made it!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.

Pitty you just missed the Wintersday Celebrations!

Fireworks, Snowball PvP fights, Santa Hats, Eggnog (spiked eggnog as well) candy canes, candy cane weapons.

They were awsome!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Welcome to the Club mate. Glad you made it!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.

Pitty you just missed the Wintersday Celebrations!

Fireworks, Snowball PvP fights, Santa Hats, Eggnog (spiked eggnog as well) candy canes, candy cane weapons.

They were awsome!
Well I did see the snowball fights, I got a candycane (what do they do?), drank some eggnog (but didn't see the spiked one) and made a candycane sword, but I didn't see the santa hat. I think I was too late for that one.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Candy Cane will remove ALL of your Death Penalty(that pesky thing that goes up to 60%) when used. I sticked myself on some so I can use them on guild outings in the difficult areas like Underworld and the Fissure of Woe.
If you still have eggnog, I can give you some spiked, drink the spiked then the normal one, then turn off your hud(ctrl+shift+h) and see if it reminds you of something.
Oh, and if you ever need help with anything, whisp me, I now have 3 characters that have completed the game and one that is on the second-to-last mission. Main char is Bozos Of Bones.
Your region is America, right?
Old 01-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Candy Cane will remove ALL of your Death Penalty(that pesky thing that goes up to 60%) when used. I sticked myself on some so I can use them on guild outings in the difficult areas like Underworld and the Fissure of Woe.
If you still have eggnog, I can give you some spiked, drink the spiked then the normal one, then turn off your hud(ctrl+shift+h) and see if it reminds you of something.
Oh, and if you ever need help with anything, whisp me, I now have 3 characters that have completed the game and one that is on the second-to-last mission. Main char is Bozos Of Bones.
Your region is America, right?
Yes I'm in America. I drank the eggnog I had. Right now I hit 12 and ran up to Yak to see if there were any new armors, now I'm trying to saved up enough materials to buy stuff.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:14 AM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

There will be new armour @ Yaks. YOu can probably get by on either the Good Ascalon Stff or the Yaks stuff till you hit Lions Arch.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:55 AM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

save your money when you get to Lions Arch they have fair armor but if you head North from the Gates of Kryta before you reach Lions Arch Threw Scoundrels Rise then West threw North Kryta Province and on slightly north and keep headed West. You'll go through Nebo Terrace (a large meadowlands with a few huts and alot of Birdmen) stay along the base of north mountain range until you reach Beetlerun. Thats where you'll get the best Armor in the area. Better than that at Lions anyway and then you can come back south east and once your back in the middle of Nebo Terrace head Due south to Bergin Hot springs . One of the best Farming areas is from Bergin Hot Springs and west of it.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well I completed the game a couple of days ago. I'm now working on a couple more characters and pvping all the time.

The pvp here is way better than in WoW in my opinion. It's instant and fast paced, but playing a monk I need to rant a little.

I so hate it when people get wounded and start running away from the ennemy and in the process from ME too. How am I supposed to keep them alive. Run TOWARD me.

Stop going off alone dammit! Play as a group, it piss me off when I spend all my time trying to survive the 3 warriors running after me and keeping the group alive, but their team is all at 50% because either my team is switching target mid fight or just not calling their attacks.

Bring a damned rez sig. I've lost more games because the guys couldn't rez than for any other reason. We'll be winning, someone will get lucky and down me and the idiots on my team won't be able to rez me and will get killed.

[ 01-10-2006, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 01-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Ahhhh the laments of a PvP Monk.

Your doing better than I am Luvian. I have 3 characters who have almost finshed the game. Im just enjoying running at the moment and getting more gold for my service. Most of my characters have all the skills that they need so the Fire Islands dont't really give me much.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I reinstall Guild War yesterday and said hi to Luvian. But to my horror the graphic is horrible. I swear it wasn't like this when I first played it in april last year.

Played a bit with a brand new warrior. No problem with that. Tried to replay back my lv20 r/mo and failed horribly. You know I just went out of town ( the place where you can have 8 people ) without hiring any hirelings ( I forgot ) and tried to kite the first monster.uhh...
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote