Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-17-2003, 07:02 PM   #61
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Antryg, that is great! Tell her the story about Dorothy Parker, the famous wit, who woke up after an illness to find herself in an oxygen tent. She asked her doctor, "Can I have a flag for my tent?" I was talking to a friend in Irving who was active with me in RPG's in the 1970's, and he was looking at one of the items on my bookshelves in my library, a pewter figure of Sherlock Holmes. He said, "I remember when you bought that at the Royal Guardsman that used to be in European Crossroads." Did you ever go there? We would play 1st Edition AD%D in the Clock Tower.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:25 PM   #62
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Well, Willow, I was wearing a pair that I considered very handsome to Macy's at the Galleria, and since I was with Galadria, we just had to go to the shoe department. I was sitting next to her as the salesman tried shoes on her, and the salesman took one look at my faithful brown oxfords and said. "I remember those shoes. We carried them - in 1977." Galadria was humiliated. I was never allowed to wear those shoes, again. And they were so comfortable!
But then those shoes were NOT older than me. [img]tongue.gif[/img] The hubby does the very same with his shoes and clothes. He never throws anything away, and when I clean out the closet I get to hear "You threw those away? They were so comfy!". [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] LOL! And when I try taking him out shopping? [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

Antryg, that´s great news. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope your wife will continue to recover.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:33 PM   #63
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, those shoes may not be older than you, but did you really think I would wear my oldest shoes to the Galleria? With Galadria? My oldest shoes are really boots, my daddy bought 'em for me in 1967, so I'll bet that you are younger than them, whippersnapper. And, as for your Bachelor of Bioscience, I have a plain old B.S. from Tulane. We didn't have fancy degrees like that, then. You made do with what they offered you, and if you didn't like it ... you went out and organized a street demonstration against the Vietnam war. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 09:01 PM   #64
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Well I see that the Dr. Giggles' are in the house. Thanks for the sentiment my friends. Attalus, I have spent many enjoyable days at the old "Crossroads". My favorite place was actually the Chinese resturant across the street. I think it was called the Joy Inn. Since I never tripped over anybody in the clocktower I guess we were never there at the same time. I spent more time at Olla Podrida than the Crossroads though. That's another neat group of specialty shops that has closed and been bulldozed.
edit to add more blather.
I played lacrosse against Tulane while going to Texas A&M. We got to stay in the locker room at the Sugar Bowl the night before we played. We didn't have antiwar protests at A&M. It was dangerous enough being a McGovern campaign worker. I also can't believe that anybody going to school in New Orleans didn't get in their fair share of parties. Just how serious a student were you?

[ 02-17-2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: antryg ]
Old 02-17-2003, 09:46 PM   #65
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Antryg, that's great news about your wife being home!

Horatio...happy moving I guess, I hope the new rent is alot better after that, though!

We've got another @%$%#$^ foot of snow...sigh... anyone want some? I'll send it FREEEEEEEEEE!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:14 PM   #66
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Oh, dash it! The temperature has dropped to 49 degrees! If this keeps up, I shall have to wear a coat to work, tomorrow. *Grumbles, then stares blankly* You have another 12" of snow, Cloudy? Send it to 311 E. University St., Waxahachie, TX, 75165. Do not, repeat, do not, send it to anyplace in ZIP code 75169.

Antryg, the only political activities I attended in the '60's were YAF and Young Republicans rallies. *Fondles his 'Footprint of the American Chicken' lapel button*
Old 02-17-2003, 11:44 PM   #67
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Antryg, the only political activities I attended in the '60's were YAF and Young Republicans rallies. *Fondles his 'Footprint of the American Chicken' lapel button*[/QB]
Besides Magik, I don't think anybody else on this forum has any idea what the "American Chicken footprint" means. Maybe we should give gold stars to everyone who can guess correctly.
O.K. people, I've got the first star right here! [img]graemlins/tgestar1.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2003, 07:27 AM   #68
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, over a foot of snow... UGH! *sends it to Piestrider as an early Easter gift...hehe*
Old 02-18-2003, 07:59 AM   #69
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Or you could send it to me cloudy... It would be quite funny seeing the expressions on the faces of the residents with a foot of snow outside... and I could go SNOWBOARDING again.... WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!! (yep... I went once and got hooked... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] )

[ 02-18-2003, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Callum Kerr ]
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 02-18-2003, 08:16 AM   #70
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Well, those shoes may not be older than you, but did you really think I would wear my oldest shoes to the Galleria? With Galadria? My oldest shoes are really boots, my daddy bought 'em for me in 1967, so I'll bet that you are younger than them, whippersnapper. And, as for your Bachelor of Bioscience, I have a plain old B.S. from Tulane. We didn't have fancy degrees like that, then. You made do with what they offered you, and if you didn't like it ... you went out and organized a street demonstration against the Vietnam war. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL! You got me there Attalus. Your shoes are indeed older than me. But I do think our bachelors are almost the same. Universities are pretty good at playing with words these days. Whippersnaper? i haven´t been called that in ages. An elderly senior physician at work called me an insolent pup once when I pointed out he was about to make a mistake. Of course he went dead quiet when I asked him where he kept his leeches and if he was going to bleed his patient after the operation. LOL!

Cloudy, IIRC Attalus complained about not having any snow. Send it to him. How´s work? I noticed that Lady Blue started the two most recent cafes. Of course maybe she just beat you to it.

[ 02-18-2003, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]