Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 07:33 PM   #1
Malecite
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im relatively new at item editing but I think I understand teh gist of the code and item effects.My problem stems from the fact that whenever i move to insert an item into a characters inventory slot and save it the item subsequently dissapears after I save. Another thing to note is once i attempt to load the game when the item is missing it beeps and freezes. This only happened recently and im stumped as to what to do If Mnenemon or (sorry cant spell properly) and others have advice please let me know.

THank you Kindly.
Old 03-12-2001, 07:56 PM   #2
Hesperex

Are you saying that when you insert the item into the characters inventory with Shadowkeeper that it vanishes?

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-12-2001, 11:38 PM   #3
Malecite
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes and no. When I initially insert the item everything is okay, however once I save it the slot where the item once resided is devoid of the items icon. The item however is still in the slot as when i click the seemingly empty space It gives the option "clear item". This is annoying me because it should work but it doesn't im not sure what to do and id rather not reinstall the game. I may try reinstalling the editor and re downloading shadow keeper but I beleive it may just be a silly error so I await further info.

Thank you Kindly
Old 03-12-2001, 11:41 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i had this problem at one point but i thought it was because my item was fubar. i was trying to make to many changes at once. i deleted the item out of my overide folder and started a new one and followed the words of wisdom i have recieved here and only did one change at a time and havent had the problem since. thats how i fixed my "vanishing item" problem.

------------------
Old 03-12-2001, 11:44 PM   #5
Malecite
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Are you saying that you "cant" make to many changes at once or its not recommended. I would love to hear you say I dont have to redownload everything and rather Ill just have to delete all my other stupid items in the override directory. Also how do created items work in mplayer can other characters pick them up or will it crash the game?

Thank you kindly!