Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2000, 03:45 PM   #1
cleric

i have some questions about Jan Jansen .

can i take him him in my party ?
is he a mage ?

and ...

Jan Jansen is a dutch name (i am dutch too) houw he get this name , and wy ?

The Cleric/Ice Mage Nik

Old 11-16-2000, 04:00 PM   #2
Arithor

Yes you can take him into your party...and he is a gnome thief/illusionist.

He is a funny character, and thus worthy to join any party (his lethal itch conversation with Minsc made me almost fall off my chair from laughter), and his phrase "This reminds me of that time...waaayyy back" at the weirdest moments.

I'm also Dutch, and I also wonder why he has such a stereotypical dutch name (well, the name is stereotypical since Jan is one of the most used dutch names...and Jansen a much used surname...the combination would be rare though).
The name doesn't sound to weird though for a lunitic gnome tinkerer...

Old 11-16-2000, 04:07 PM   #3
cleric

I think so .

Bye the way do you have e-mail ?

Mag ook nederlands .

Old 11-16-2000, 04:14 PM   #4
cleric

hey Arithor do you now where to get him ?

Old 11-16-2000, 04:23 PM   #5
Arithor

Yep, Ik heb ook e-mail...
Ik heb BG2 al een keer uitgespeeld (ben nu bezig met een evil-party) en als je vragen hebt
kan je ze ook wel naar mij sturen.

98002810@si.hhs.nl

"Uhm, don't want to bother you...but all this blood spurting around is actually mine" (or something like that)
- Jan Jansen

Old 11-16-2000, 04:24 PM   #6
One-Eyed Jack

You can get Jan Jansen at the Goverment District. Just go there and find the courtyards, you can't miss him. Hes got Versachii written all over him in that glowing outdoor wear.

Old 11-16-2000, 04:46 PM   #7
Arithor

Aye, Jan Jansen walks around in the Goverment area in Athlaka...south/east of the Cowled wizard building...

Old 11-16-2000, 05:14 PM   #8
kupolu

So, the question has to be asked, who's the best Thief/Mage combo? Imoen or Jan? I'm leaning towards Imoen for sentimental reasons ;D

--
kupolu

Old 11-16-2000, 07:56 PM   #9
Armisael

I'm leaning towards Jan for comedy reasons. And now, I'm happy to bring you - a Jan moment.

Jan: My brother, Elgar Buttercup, had skin the shade of charcoal, too. Well, technically it WAS charcoal. He died in a nasty fire, you see.

Viconia: You do love the sound of your own voice, don't you, gnome?

Jan: My own voice? Heartless wench! Do you not know? I am deaf. I have never heard the sound of my own voice. I read lips... (sob)... only lips...

Viconia: Deaf? Truly? In the Underdark the deaf are killed or used in pain threshold experiments.

Jan: I heard that! In fact, it reminds me of the time I was eaten by an avatar of Lolth. I was stuck inside her stomach with a miserable drow called Biffle Chump for days. Of course, I was forced to eat him. A matter of survival, you understand. Nothing personal. He tasted a bit like chicken.

Viconia: Armisael, how is it that you travel with such a buffoon?

Armisael: Truthfully, it all goes back to the time that Jan's cousin, Plooty Paladin-piper, got caught in a nasty flesh golem eating contest...

Jan: Aye, Plooty had a way of attracting golems. Brilliant, really. You start with a saucer of milk - golems are suckers for milk...

Viconia: I refuse to listen to this.

Old 11-16-2000, 11:34 PM   #10
kupolu

LOL! That's hilarious. I just had him join my party, replacing that dumb-butt Yoshimo before he betrays me. But... he's a dual class! Dual classes suck! He's only a level 7 illusionist! I mean, come on! Is he used mainly for his theiving skills, or what?