Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-31-2004, 02:41 PM   #1
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings again,

I was doing so well. I finally got to the place where you get the monkey idols and all I need is one more, and it is in those lockewd doors where yo ahve to use the coins toopen the doors. Well, i can't get those damned things open to save my life. I have used tons of coins and had to go back to the town half a dozen times to get sured of poison, and I still can't get in.

Also, I can't get that spider nectar stuff to work either. I smashed to egg in the death press thing, and I can't seem to find the keg to ghet the nectar.

Can you guys help me?

I have other thing that I am having trouble with, but these are the big ones right now.

Peace & Light,
Old 08-31-2004, 02:48 PM   #2
Olli Kalma

Hello Charis of Ikaria!
You aren't first one who lost his/her nervers
for those doors!
I think in thread 'Best Tips' is the conclusion
to open those doors.

And you find empty bottles from kitchen and from
prison where that Tve***** well that thieve
is locked... you remember his lockpicks?

And you don't interrupt anything, this is why we have forum [img]smile.gif[/img]

well, you might first read Best Tips thread [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

1) In the place where you enter the room in which you squish the eggs there are two other paths. One to the right where you find four spiders that will fall down from the ceiling, and a path leading to the basement below where you will find a grille placed on a sink. Place the empty bottle on the grille and perform the egg-squishing.

2) I have posted the solution to the door puzzle on Page eight of the best tips. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 03:58 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I know the frustration, Charis. Those doors can be a pain.

One approach is to write down the possible combinations, and then try them out. Reload when you run out of Serpin coins until you get the key to all five doors.

A second approach is to use the list in Best Tips, as Bsftcs suggested. I'd do that, if I didn't already have 'em written down from my own experiences.

As was mentioned, you missed just one step in the process: putting an empty flask underneath the egg press to capture the spider nectar.

BTW, spider nectar also works as a cure poison potion. You may want to make a couple of extra ones, if you've got the flasks...

And if you haven't done so yet, get your cleric or ranger up to level 4 Vine and learn the Cure Poison spell. It's more than a wee bit important...

Good luck getting going... and when you're ready to ask about the remaining area you're having problems with, fire away [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 05:39 PM   #5
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you very much for the help. I looked through those tips, and I must have blased right over it. I now have been told that the answer is in there about the doors. I hate it when I do that. The last time I was here stuck, I checked the whole site before I asked, I should have been more thouough.

I was wondeing about thayt guy. I tried to talk to him. No go. Then, I accendently killed him. Am I screwed? I knew I should not have saved after that. But I did somethign or found something, and I was afraid to loose it. Bad move?

Peace,

Charis.
{)ooX:::::::::::::::>

Xx

Quote:
Originally posted by Olli Kalma:
Hello Charis of Ikaria!
You aren't first one who lost his/her nervers
for those doors!
I think in thread 'Best Tips' is the conclusion
to open those doors.

And you find empty bottles from kitchen and from
prison where that Tve***** well that thieve
is locked... you remember his lockpicks?

And you don't interrupt anything, this is why we have forum [img]smile.gif[/img]

well, you might first read Best Tips thread [img]smile.gif[/img]
Charis of Ikaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:42 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Are you talking about Kol the Heretic, found outside the Serpent Temple? I don't think you can kill him, but if you do, I'm sure he'll be back later [img]smile.gif[/img] You missed out on a key for a secret room in the Temple, a room that contains a couple of ankhs, some other stuff, and some storyline information.

Or are you talking about H'Thark, the prisoner inside? He was waiting for you to give him his lock picks so he could tell you something... the trick to summoning the serpent, which you will need. Unless you read it in Best Tips already, in which case you don't need him [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll point out to you that there is a Search option on the forum... so if you get stuck, you can search through old posts for key words and phrases. Some of the answers may be a bit more forthcoming then...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:23 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

134 - 124 - 234 - 12 - 23 - 2 [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2004, 07:14 AM   #8
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I saw that grille, now I can't find it again. I will go back and look again. [img]smile.gif[/img] How do you guys know about this stuff? [img]smile.gif[/img] )

About the doors, I thank you! I got through them. I was not even thinking like they were in some kind of code like thing. [img]smile.gif[/img] THanks! I would have never got through there. Guess I do not have the best Gamer thinking.

Peace & Light,

Charis.
{)ooX:::::::::::::::::>

Xx

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
1) In the place where you enter the room in which you squish the eggs there are two other paths. One to the right where you find four spiders that will fall down from the ceiling, and a path leading to the basement below where you will find a grille placed on a sink. Place the empty bottle on the grille and perform the egg-squishing.

2) I have posted the solution to the door puzzle on Page eight of the best tips. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2004, 07:19 AM   #9
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

[img]smile.gif[/img] I checked the tips again, and there it was. Thanks! I will make as many as I have, if I find that damned grille again. Rigfht now I have four empty flasks.

I will work on the Vine thing. [img]smile.gif[/img] I was wondering when I would be able to get that spell. The not haveing a cure thing really sucks. Having to run out of there when my potion supply runs out is a pain in the arse.

Thanks so much!@ You guys are a lifesaver. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Peace & Light,

Charis.

Xx

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I know the frustration, Charis. Those doors can be a pain.

One approach is to write down the possible combinations, and then try them out. Reload when you run out of Serpin coins until you get the key to all five doors.

A second approach is to use the list in Best Tips, as Bsftcs suggested. I'd do that, if I didn't already have 'em written down from my own experiences.

As was mentioned, you missed just one step in the process: putting an empty flask underneath the egg press to capture the spider nectar.

BTW, spider nectar also works as a cure poison potion. You may want to make a couple of extra ones, if you've got the flasks...

And if you haven't done so yet, get your cleric or ranger up to level 4 Vine and learn the Cure Poison spell. It's more than a wee bit important...

Good luck getting going... and when you're ready to ask about the remaining area you're having problems with, fire away [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2004, 07:25 AM   #10
Charis of Ikaria
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In this case, I am thinking about the prisoner. I will go look for that information in the Tips, becasue I killed him. I didn't mean to.

Thansk for the tip!! [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Peace,

Charis.

Xx

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Are you talking about Kol the Heretic, found outside the Serpent Temple? I don't think you can kill him, but if you do, I'm sure he'll be back later [img]smile.gif[/img] You missed out on a key for a secret room in the Temple, a room that contains a couple of ankhs, some other stuff, and some storyline information.

Or are you talking about H'Thark, the prisoner inside? He was waiting for you to give him his lock picks so he could tell you something... the trick to summoning the serpent, which you will need. Unless you read it in Best Tips already, in which case you don't need him [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll point out to you that there is a Search option on the forum... so if you get stuck, you can search through old posts for key words and phrases. Some of the answers may be a bit more forthcoming then...