Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #21
jsalsb
Elminster

Keep trying!! Or, if you need help... SPOILER-like hint!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Run past the salad bar as fast as you can, over the moat and around the near corner of the castle. you can get to a spot where the salads can't get to you, but you can still cast nifty distance spells on them. If this doesn't suit you, you can run and lower the bridge, go up on the parapet and fry them from there too.

[ 08-27-2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: jsalsb ]
Old 08-27-2004, 12:28 PM   #22
So So
Zhentarim Guard

hum... there's also another option... duck into the water like... go underwater when their spells come at you... the dissipate when your underwater far enough...

ie. *fire spell* *see salad spell coming at you* *jump underwater and stay there until you hear it hit the water or wait for like 3 mins. or so...*

I've had that work for me... just a thought...
Old 08-27-2004, 01:26 PM   #23
Olli Kalma

Back to that Serpent Temple issue.
I just finished playing W&W for tonight and soon
I'll be heading into my favorite bar
and taste some new ale's.

Yes I'm stuck in that same point and my
party have drowned over 20 times during trying...
Pixie or Ratlin can pass that tunnel easier,
I remember I had this same fight long time ago,
and solved it with athletic pixie [img]smile.gif[/img]
just move little bit back if it stuck.
Or use vanish... I don't have it yet.

Can't wait to meet salads!
I found out that Firestorm is best spell against them.
(FireBomb are good too)

And spoiler for serpent temple
And btw. did you know you have to collect only 10
Serpent Coins to pass 1 st mission
in Thieves guild for all your party?
Recycle while guild master is speaking [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-27-2004, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Olli Kalma ]
Old 08-27-2004, 09:33 PM   #24
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You know that works unpatched only, right, Olli? But it sure does beat the heck out of needing to find 60 serpin coins, for sure.

I will offer my favorite salad cooking recipe: Two wizards, both casting flamedrop. It's the spell that just keeps on giving, and best of all, it prevents them from attacking! Just keep on fighting and casting it, and they'll soon be crispy critters.

Oh, one last thing: woe betide you if the spell finishes before the last salad is cooked. They're awfully cranky when they're angry....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:02 AM   #25
Olli Kalma

Ah, yes. I havn't patch my version...
I have two fellows that need 10 coins each
and it's not problem to pick up 50 coins in serpent temple. only if you are hurry, that thing works well.

and I have used that to get Assassin's dagger...
Old 08-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #26
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bungleau, I tried your tactic and it works perfectly! [img]smile.gif[/img] I combined flamedrop and flamestrike and salad bar is now burnig in hell! [img]smile.gif[/img] I am really thankful to you, I thought, I wont be able to kill them this time..
Veronique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:12 PM   #27
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Way to go, Veronique! I'm glad you were able to get 'em

Flamedrop is, IMHO, the most underrated spell in the spellbooks. It's so potent for salads.... and other things. I did discover last night, though, that F'Lokis Ra can still breathe while being 'dropped, as could some highland rogues. They're all dead, though...
-+-+-+
Old 08-28-2004, 05:04 PM   #28
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

If you're really in a hurry, you actually only need one Serpin Coin -- from that base, you can dupe the remainder quickly in any store.

On salads: Most young character development is based on the mantraps, i.e. "Well, I could have foo and bar in my party but then I couldn't kill the salads because foo wouldn't have baz yet..." I used to refuse to confront them until I had a storm spell (since I avoided wizards in those days, this was usually Icestorm). I've since changed my opinion.

All one needs for a hassle-free mantrap experience is Petrification (Lvl 6 Stone) and decent stats to make it stick. It can be fun to stack your way up the Spire using only salads [img]tongue.gif[/img]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:39 PM   #29
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... looks like bsftcs either has an alternate identity, or a convert [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lessee... level 6 stone spell, or level 2 sun spell... I know which one I can cast more of But climbing a salad staircase, each frond firm and crisp... ahhh.... there's a sight to behold

Duping the serpin coins... is that the trick of dropping it in the store, or something else? That's one trick I've not done, but since I have some extra skulls at the moment, I might try it.
-+-+-+
Old 08-29-2004, 02:54 AM   #30
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Yup, duping is where you drop something in a store, buy it back, drop it again, buy two of it back, &tc.

I've really only used it to give each of my guys a copy of something cool, like a Kimono of the Dragon or Ardibren's Relic.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote