Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 07-17-2002, 06:29 PM   #1
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Well, it ain't sci fi or fantasy but recently I've been watching a bunch of old A-Team reruns. I had forgotten how absolutely hysterical this show was - I've almost fallen off my couch laughing a few times. Just wondered whether anyone else out there remembers and loved the A-Team?
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:11 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Well Bg2 is a bit like the A-team, or at the very least its a comparison I draw. You know the whole wander into town and solve problem thing. Only with lots more blood and explosions were people don't just fall over unconcious. I always hated that no one died. If they did it would be cool. Video games corrupting the youth of today?

If you were to take it seriously the show is hystericaly awful but it's sort of like the 60s Batman with Adam West. You gotta love it, if only for kitsch value. I love it when a plan comes together!
Old 07-17-2002, 07:44 PM   #3
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I pity the foo who wears my jewellery

You aint getting me on nom plane sucka

thats enough mr-t quotes for me

I watched one recently and nearly died, I cant believe I used to watch it lol. Well to cut a long story short Murdoke(or what ever his name is) was in a mental asylum and needed to escape, so he put a big plastic bag over a chair. Got a hair drier sat on the chair and used the hot air from the hair drier to blow up the bag and float over the asylum wall like a hot air ballon. I haven't laughed so much in my life, and to say i used to be one of the biggest A-team fans on the planet.

Also the reason I posted did you know they are making an A-Team film? (none of the original cast obviously)this might just be a rumour but its what i have heard anyway.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 03:12 PM   #4
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Yeah I heard about the movie - think it's currently scheduled to come out in 2003/2004 or something like that. I have mixed feelings about it - it would be neat to see what could be done with the premise and today's special effects etc, but I have a real hard time believing they'll be able to come up with a group of actors with the same chemistry as on the show. Those guys just worked so well together.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 04:36 PM   #5
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes i loved that serie the guy with the sigar and negro with his gold juvels it was a funny and nice serie i think!!!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 04:58 PM   #6
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

Let us see...
The Munster's as a movie
Batman as movies
Superman as movies
Brady Bunch as movies
Car 54, Scooby-doo, Dennis the Menace, Charlie's Angels...

Why not the A-Team? It worked before. I wonder if the The Partridge Family or The Six-Million Dollar Man will be made into full scale movies?
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 09:08 AM   #7
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Hmmm.... Six Million Dollar Man... I wonder how that would be... They'd have to make it more like 6 billion, but it could be cool. Wonder if they'd have Bigfoot in it?
Old 07-19-2002, 03:25 PM   #8
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

I would not doubt it since they rolled out Bigfoot again for the "Invisible Man" as the original source of the gland that Darien has in him that allows him to be, you got it - Invisible [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote