Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-22-2004, 10:17 AM   #1
killerTeddy
Dungeon Master

Arrow

Hi!

I just killed the Don - and he didn't leave any Cane of Corpus behind And i can't try again, cause i play ironman!
What do i do now with my little faerie ninja? He is really fast, but not too strong and doesn't do much damage with his hands and feet. Should i give him to sais, to increase instant kills - crit strike is quite high already?
Or should i have him change places with RFS-81 (currently at my left flank, training staff) and concentrate on thrown weapons?
Any suggenstions for weapons? Best some with nice inst.-kill-bonuses!

Thanks a lot,

Teddy
killerTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:54 AM   #2
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

If he already has some S&W skill you might try the Staff of Doom.

Equipping two Nunchaka is also very effective. My solo FN sometimes uses these. They are not cursed, so switching to throwing or a bow is easy.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #3
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

The Staff of Doom is an excellent replacement as DraconFighter says. Because of it's status effects you don't need a lot of Strength to use it, although extra Strength obviously helps with the damage of course.

I'm playing a party with a FN at the moment and am using the Hayai Bo which meant a detour to Umpani Base Camp before going to Arnika. At the UBC are some Alchemy spellbooks for sale which also helps your Ninja. It's nice to have Whipping Rocks early.

Finally, as DraconFighter also says, dual Nunchakas are also good to use.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:50 PM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

KT - A ninja can also use bushido blade, ninjato (5% kill), winterwand (15% paralysis) amd other good weapons. Bushido is at fixed loc in Rapax Castle, SOD and winterwand in Mountain Wilderness and easier to get at lev 12 or higher. It is hard to give up the COC, tho, for the FN.

Not sure about the zatoichi bo or muramasa blade, they may be Sam (or Monk/Sam) only, or non-faerie. They are not fixed and require luck to get. I would look for these weapons anyway, maybe check them out on Flamestrike's site, but you can use Staff of Doom, nunchakas or a hayai bo in the meantime.

(P.S. Normally it's not hard to get bushido when you kill a certain Rapax for the Trang, but as you are painfully aware, being on Ironman you can't use the regular multiple-reload-til-you-get-it tactic).
Old 11-22-2004, 06:57 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

No ninjas for Zato (there is a fixed one) or Murm(random only). Sprite's Dagger is ok, mostly for the Stam +1, and Rod of Sprites, but again, neither is a certain drop. There is a fixed Bushido, though, so Sword is not necessarily a bad idea. And if you're really lucky, you might get a Light.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:10 PM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, REAL lucky. I just tried yesterday to get a light sword for 2.5 hours against Buccaneers. One battle against 7 Bucs every 5 min w/o success. Went on with the game. I did get lucky once in a game.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:46 AM   #7
killerTeddy
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the tips!

But, the CoC has:
dmg 12-42, paralyze 50%, poison 100% and kill 15%

and Bushido only:
dmg 4-22, kill 5%

...and Doomstaff is 2-handed, so only half the chances for insta kills

Seems compared to CoC everything is second quality... well never mind.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:09 PM   #8
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

You could always use Mad God's editor to make it drop 100%.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:17 AM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I've never tried ironman (I think it's dumb) but are you saying the save doesn't work on ironman?

[ 11-29-2004, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 11-25-2004, 05:14 AM   #10
killerTeddy
Dungeon Master

Well, you can have autosaves, and the game is saved always when you quit. In my case it was saved last before entering upper trynton, if i remember it right.
I really like ironman - it's much more exciting, everything you do will be permanent. No reloading 100 times till you get exactly the items you wish out of a chest. No reloading every time someone dies in a fight (i always did that, please don't ask why [img]smile.gif[/img] ) You really think twice before entering a new, more dangerous area. I think it makes the game more lifelike, in a way.