Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 06:33 PM   #1
rbeane1
The Magister

I need to identify my renewal potion in order to sell them. My bard has a
artifact skill of 61 she needs 78 to ID the renewal. tried using ID scrolls
but they have come up empty. How do they work? does it increase the users
artifact skill or do they just have a max value they can ID. Hate wasting money
on the scrolls if they have a max value below my bards ability to ID.

[ 12-06-2004, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: rbeane1 ]
rbeane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:02 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

ID scrolls are set at PL4, which IIRC equates to 66 in Artifacts vis-a-vis identifying stuff. You can work your Artifacts skill up pretty fast by having the Bard use a Mana Stone (use 2 charges, sell, buy back) You won't get Skill increase if the person you use it on is at full SP, but you can use it on someone with NO SP and get skill increases. (i usually combine this with magic practice, just remember to change selected character to the one you want to increase Artifacts)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:36 PM   #3
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Scrolls are set at L4 as Scatter mentions, the Identify Item spell (available to all spellcasters with access to the Priest and/or Psionic spell book) can be cast all the way up to L7 (depending on the spellcasters skills). No good for your Bard, but if you have spellcasters in your party, they might be ready, willing and able.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: You _can_ sell unidentified items, you'll just get less money (50% less if memory serves).
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:52 PM   #4
rbeane1
The Magister

Smiley

found another way around the issue. I recruited Urq the mook Psionic. Kept
him with the party for 1 level up. had him pick identify item spell. he was then
able to ID all my items!! then I dismissed him. I will just have to go back to
Arnika to get the hard to ID stuff done.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:49 PM   #5
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

rbeane1

Yes, that's what I usually do if I don't have anyone who can cast Identify Item.

Used to build up Vi to do this but Urq is easier as the Identify spell is from the Mental realm so is able to cast the spell at higher levels more easily (after a bit of practice).
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:49 AM   #6
xfactor
Dungeon Master

Me too. My solo ninja made regular trips to Urq to ID all his loot.

On a related note, does anyone else think that the skill needed to ID many items is a bit too high? Looking at Flamestryke's website I notice that there's a lot of items in the 80+ to ID range. Is there much point to Artifacts skill in that case? Does anyone ever bother pumping it up to really high levels in favour of all the other skills that are required in a succesful party?

xfactor
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:19 AM   #7
rbeane1
The Magister

Yes some thing are way out of line. A book of portal takes an artifact skill of 98!!! I am pumping
my bards artifact skill now but its because she is
maxed out in most other areas that I would put
points in.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:16 AM   #8
Flamestryke
The Magister

You do realize you can train Artifacts don't you? Use tons of stix, scrolls, knock picks, items with spells i.e. Amulet of Static, and mana stones if there's a need for them and the skill moves up pretty fast.

When I run a solo who cannot get the ID Item spell I make it a point to obtain and use as many of these items as possible. At least once per battle but often times much more.

I also sacrifice the 5 points at creation to the skill and 3 every level up until I can't place any more on it.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:17 PM   #9
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Mana Stones can increase your Artifacts Skill when used on a character that never has Spell Points. I guess that's just an oversight "bug".
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote