Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-22-2004, 07:18 AM   #11
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Flamestryke:
killerTeddy

Here's a tip that will help in Trynton a bit. Its sort of exploiting Chief Gari but I know I get to Trynton many times before I have Magic Screen available so I am not ashamed to say I have used this little trick.

Step just down the hallway from Chief Gari. You should still be able to see him. Go into combat mode and just hit enter. The Chief usually casts some sort of spell, either Superman or Magic Screen. Just keep doing it until he casts Magic Screen. Normally its a level 6 or 7 spell. Nice to have on when those sprites pop up.
Hi Flamestryke.

I once had a combat with a Battering Hogar and a non-magic party. I flew into the tree but the hogar followed. That stupid Chief Gari never casted a useful spell to help me in my hopeless fight

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:41 AM   #12
Flamestryke
The Magister

@Wild Rose

I don't think anyone else casts any travel spells but some NPCs help out when in combat.

Fuzzfas will usually cast an Elemental Shield spell if you are in combat near him. Handy too. I have lured the little Tree Sprites near him when I am running low level parties or a Solo with no magic.

Lord Braffit will cast Insanity, Slow and so on when enemies are engaged near the Temple in Arnika.

Z'Ant of course and most T'Rang cast spells on the party. Haste is usually good. Kinda useless to get an eye for an eye spell when facing Deathstings though. Those silly T'Rang Overminds! [img]smile.gif[/img]

@Loudhy

Chief Gari has always been extremely helpful. I lure Rapax to him often when the party is lower levels. He usully casts Rest All, Web, Make Wounds, Superman, etc. My 2 man Fists of Fury party got a lot of help from him. If not for him they would have gotten creamed. I was pretty impressed with his AI. Seemed he always casted Rest Alls and Heals just when they needed them the most. Of course there have been other times when he cast pretty useless stuff for the occasion. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]