Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
ProLifeGrrl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I'm here hacking my way through the Rapax Away Camp; and I'm thinking, should I have waited until I became a Templar to do this? The reason I ask is because I'm fighting hundreds of Rapax things (thank Heaven for Mana Stones, Dulcimer of Mending, and Rest All!); and the Templars have of course become hostile to me which might be trouble later on when I do the Al-Sedexus thing (I'm thinking of changing my "selected" male character's name to "Sedexus" right before the encounter so later on his daughter will be Al-Sedexus [img]smile.gif[/img] )

I do however have a save from before I annoyed the Templars. Go back to it?

Thanks for everyone's help!
<b>Juliet St. Catherine Alerio</b><br /><br />\"Every woman knows that if she were truly free, she would never bear an unwished-for child, nor think of murdering one before its birth.\" - Victoria Woodhull
ProLifeGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 12:31 AM   #2
Slag
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Shouldn't be a problem becoming a templar, you can kill hundreds in the rapax castle and get the same result when you decide to join. Not sure if killing the king/prince will make a difference though.
Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:57 AM   #3
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

ProLifeGirl, I like you already just for that name.

I am a little fuzzy on this question, but I'm reasonably sure that you are good to go. Even if you kill the King, you can still become a templar later at the Castle. I don't think it is possible to kill the Prince at this stage of the game.

BUT if you do it this way, you will still be friendly to the Templars on AP and won't get to fight the Prince's army, which is always a fun battle. Maybe you could attack some Templars before you go to AP if you want to have the battle against the Prince.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:26 PM   #4
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

No problem. I usually do the camp before becoming templar. But as DragonFighter says, the rapax army is missing at AP.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 05:20 PM   #5
sultan

i dont know that that's necessarily a bad thing, wearboar!
Old 12-18-2003, 08:05 PM   #6
ProLifeGrrl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah gee... I was so excited about getting Rodan and Drazic that I left the camp immediately without killing the royals or visiting the Queen's Cave for the instant death book; and nobody told me that when I went back to the Away Camp after leaving it I'd again have to fight 8 million Rapax! lol
<b>Juliet St. Catherine Alerio</b><br /><br />\"Every woman knows that if she were truly free, she would never bear an unwished-for child, nor think of murdering one before its birth.\" - Victoria Woodhull
ProLifeGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 03:09 PM   #7
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

PLG: But killing is what Rapax are for. Actually, you may have done it a better way. Now you won't have to share any experience points with Rodan and Drazic when you take out the Away Camp. Only the Queen should be left standing when you are done. I think I'll do it your way in my current game.

Wereboar: I wonder if a trip to Rapax Castle before AP would restore the missing army. Just kill off a few Templar to "fix" your faction rating. Anyone ever tried? You'd think it would work. Part of the satisfaction of the game is killing that brat of a Prince.

[ 12-19-2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: DraconFighter ]
Old 12-19-2003, 06:00 PM   #8
Brian
Dungeon Master

I went to the rapax away camp early in the game when I could not possibly survive such a large number of Rapax.But this is what I did.As I entered I set a portal Before any combat.Then I got as close as possible to the guards.You
see the whites of their eyes.After the second challenge warning I rush inside and I am now in the camp unchallenged.Nobody attacks me .I plunder all the goodies kill some dusky maidens and portal out avoiding the guards.BRIAN
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 06:40 PM   #9
Slag
Elite Waterdeep Guard

With a portal set in away camp, you can go back later even if you've placed all the artifacts on AP. You just can't go in through the wilderness anymore. However, the respawns consisted entirely of Ravenous Swallowers.. nothing useful except rex(useful?) and a few items including a second robes of enchant( good monk armor).
Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 11:18 AM   #10
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The away camp only appears when you go there carrying at least two of the three doodads. So, of course, once you've placed them on the Peak, there's no way to make the Rapax appear at the camp area again.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote