Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-20-2005, 05:25 AM   #1
the mighty stamar

just want to ask what classes you chose

I chose adept first, then fighter just because that was the first guild i found. I chose knight as my 2nd tier class not really having any idea what a knight is or a marauder it sounded evil

then when I found the adept guild i chose paladin.

Ok I can tell u definitely this is not a smart choice lol as the paladin and the knight have many advantages in common. I would have been much better choosing marauder or celestial as my second tier classes. both the paladin and the knights main thing are heavy armor and weapons although they have a couple things different.

Ok but heres the jist of it, there are 4 classes of which your character can be 2, then each has a choice of 2 2nd tier classes, and then your character will only get to be 1 3rd tier class.

You can plan out your 3rd tier class actually Im not sure what choices Ill have when i get there because its a long way off from where i am now lol

But for instance you will start the game and choose say thief... You can join another guild such as mage, but thats it you get 2 classes.

[ 05-20-2005, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm unclear on this too. I joined the fighter guild because it was the first one I ran in to, and was rebuffed at the mages' guild. I haven't completed the task yet, so I haven't gotten on to the next tier of classes, but it sounds like it will make for some very interesting replay options.

Thanks for the heads-up, though. I will choose something other than paladin when I get to that level [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like we may need a promotion tree eventually to show the various available paths. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm painting so far today - maybe this afternoon I'll get to load DL.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:03 PM   #4
the mighty stamar

ok well heres the tier 2 classes.
http://www.dungeonlordsgame.com/classesmain3.php

it shows 16. however the two tier one classess i chose only gave me a choice of

fighter knight marauder

adept paladin celestial

so that would end up with only 8 tier two classes. I dont know how to get the other ones, but i have been to two oriental type places and been given quests even but no option to join such as samarai or ninja lord which is listed. maybe those will write over one of my knight or paladin classes. I hope so. some of those tier two ones are for female characters only like valkrie

[ 05-20-2005, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
Old 05-20-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
Too Darkpark
The Magister

from reading the DL forum at dreamcatcher, having two classes that have common skills lowers the cost of raising the skill(s) even further.

my recommendation on classes is take a combat oriented class path upto tier 3 and magic oriented class path to tier 2.

i started out as a fighter than progressed to samurai and then hatamoto. after that, i joined the mage's guild and worked my way upto sorcerer (tier 2).
so, my character is dual wielding weapons, causes bleeding wounds and has a chance to land a critical strike (instant death). critical strike is gained once you obtain the hatamoto class.
because my character is dual wielding, he hits more often and has a good chance of landing either a critical blow or causing some bleeding.

typically, i stick to melee combat but if i see a large mob coming at me than i'll launch a couple of fireballs.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:28 AM   #6
the mighty stamar

yes well your character build is much more exciting that mine thus far, I mean now im just really super skilled at heavy weapons and armor lol... .perhaps something like dual weilding or better spell casting would have made my character a little sexier to experience more of the game my first time through.

You can choose the mighty stamars paladin/knight combo to excell at heavy weapons and armor however i recomend something else lol
]
I mean i think heavy armor and weapons and shields are quite good ok but once one of your classes has them, skip getting them again. maybe i should put that in the best tips.

[ 05-21-2005, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
Old 05-21-2005, 03:40 AM   #7
the mighty stamar

hey i found this. not quite enough information but more than i had before

http://www.gamebanshee.com/dungeonlords/classes.php