Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-02-2000, 10:09 AM   #1
lordkymil

I'm playing a thief second time round and i was running my guildhouse. I lost my guild because the thieves returned from their missions but I was in a dungeon in the Umar Hills and so couldn't get back to Athkatla in time to pay the guildmaster and so when I got back I was told to speak to Renal. Renal extorted 4000 gp for me to give the guild back which I paid since I have about 60000 gp without cheating anyway but the minute i pay him a message appears saying i have lost the guild AGAIN. So I pay Renal again and lose it again. I paid him about three times before I realized he was ripping me off. What's the story?? I went back to the guild and slept 5 days straight and the money collector never turned up. Anyone know how to get the guild back?

Old 11-02-2000, 05:35 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Dang lordkymil, I didn't know that could happen. Being a fighter, I have Nalia's keep, I make notations each week to remind myself to go check in. If there is a danger of losing it for whatever reason, I'm really going to play close attention.
Old 11-02-2000, 06:13 PM   #3
Armisael

No, the keep is the bludger's stronghold. Just pop in whenever you can be bothered, shell out whatever money you made while away to make the people happy, and bugger off again.

Old 11-03-2000, 07:38 AM   #4
IRAKZAI

This is only a guess But maybe you have to off Renal to get the guild back, Also do you have any unfinished Quest's that are related to the guild you may have to compleat them first to get the right response from Renal.

Good luck and I will be watching for a correct answer as I plan to play my next game as a fighter/thief.

Irakzai the Dark.

Old 11-05-2000, 05:13 AM   #5
Arkenian

Again this is only a guess. I do know however, that if you don't do the quests associated with your stronghold you can lose it.

-Arkenian

Old 11-05-2000, 05:28 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I posted this originally (lordkymil) but I had to reregister with a new name because of the problems with the board in the last couple of days.

Anyway I got sick of all the stuffing around with Renal etc. I must've given in 20000 gp (who cares about money, i'm rolling in it anyway). Basically I still get money from the guild, just no recognition. (i'm thinking, BUG!!!!) I can still give orders to the thieves i just can't do any special tasks and am not recognized as the head of the guild. Bah! Who needs publicity anyway? I'd rather be the power behind the guild, pulling all the strings and taking none of the heat. It's actually funny, Renal having no idea i'm running his guild behind his back and giving him no cut of the revenues

BTW, I did finish all my quests. I just wasn't around to pay the guy when he came around. It would be nice to have like a safe deposit box to put the money in, or pay in advance. Trying to keep track of when the quotamaster arrived was starting to feel uncomfortably like keeping track of bills in real life. Where's a direct debit system when you need one
Old 11-05-2000, 05:31 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Man i just found out that changing my username means my number of posts go back down to ZERO. Good thing we live in an egalitarian board where there are no Legendary Dragonslayers for posting 5 million times.