Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2000, 07:05 PM   #1
[twisti]

Whatever he is, he just popped in like one trillion gazillion times, the harpells are blocking every way, the game runs slow like crap, you can't do NOTHING. He don't even want to talk to me. He 'have nothing to say' to me.

Let me guess. I shouldn't have tricked around to get Drizzt's weapons, right ?

Old 11-22-2000, 09:04 PM   #2
Armisael

Right. So drop them. He and his million clones should disappear.

Old 11-22-2000, 09:08 PM   #3
[twisti]

Is there nothing I can do about this ? I didn't even kill Drizzt ! He's not even DEAD!

Old 11-23-2000, 01:18 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Why bother with Drizzt's weapons though? There are at least ten weapons in this game which deal out more damage or have more impact than his scimitars.
Old 11-23-2000, 08:23 PM   #5
James

One way to dismiss melichior harpell if you did not kill him.

You must first have the code which allows you to use the game cheats (i.e. debug mode=1) entered into the baldurs gate file.

Place the cursor over melichior harpell and click ctrl + q. this will add him to your party. Then you can dismiss him and he goes away.

The character was originally designed to retrieve Drizzt's weapons if you killed him, but will also appear if one of your characters simply has one of his weapons. Unfortunately there are many bugs with this and he often does nothing but cause problems with the way the game runs. After you dismiss him the errors normally dissapear and the game continues to run normally.