Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2000, 12:22 AM   #11
_max_RUSSKIE

Still to many healers, like we said dump aerie for Edwin and dump anomen for Viconia

Old 11-21-2000, 01:12 AM   #12
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Healers? Who do you heal with draw upon holy might? I am sure foes love to get healed by holy word. And holy smight? or Turn undead one of the most useful buttons I found in certain parts of the game. High lvl clerics Melt Undead like Butta Baby.Oh yeah gate. any way respectable adventurers still kick ass with out chillin with creeps like edwin and freaky evil drow like viconia.
Old 11-21-2000, 04:08 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Your party looks reasonably balanced, it all depends on your playing style. You'll find out if you need another mage soon enough...depending on the way you play you may not need another one.
Old 11-22-2000, 04:15 AM   #14
BaatoRyan

I have to admit, Aerie is the best back-up in the game! If you want to keep Anomen, dump Jaheira, get Viconia, and you won't miss a thing. the only thing you are going to miss is her shapeshifting spels and summon insects, but in general, Viconia is better than Jaheira. I think Aerie shoudn't be removed because she can substitute any mage in the game (except Edwin). Well, if you want to dump Aerie, then kick her out!

Old 11-22-2000, 04:27 AM   #15
Joukahainen

I've had very good luck with Valygar wielding Celestial Fury and a second Katana... Believe he is using Dakkon's Zerth Blade at the moment. Also like Viconia with a girdle of hill giant strength and the flail of ages. Hmm.. I use Jaheira as a caster mostly. She has the Staff of Arundel. She sure doesn't care much for Viconia though. Always breaking those two apart. Of course Minsc is using Lilarcor. Jan is a decent Burglar. Top it all off with my superb spellcasting abilities.

Old 11-22-2000, 04:34 AM   #16
Joukahainen

Oh, btw, Notice I didn't mention Keldorn or Anomen... I was rather bored with their high and mighty moral attitudes. Also, Edwin died rather easily. Wasn't quite as good a mage as he thought. But then I suppose he may have underestimated me.

Old 11-22-2000, 07:19 AM   #17
_max_RUSSKIE

P.s. You are all overraighting Aerie, Shes useless as a mage (16 int!) And the cleric is the same.

After reading 6 spells from a scroll she cant remember any more off them for her int. level.

Get a full mage and a full cleric I.E. Edwin and Viconia

Old 11-22-2000, 08:19 AM   #18
Intuition

I'm using a goody party here...

That's why I can't recruit Viconia and Edwin (I've already completed the quests for them, Edwin's in the Copper Coronet and Viconia is in the Graveyard).

Unless I change their alignments using ShadowKeeper, which means I might as well give Aerie 19 (full spells) Int. Right?

It's a compromise, knowing who is the best and possessing the best is different. It's not that I don't want, it's that I can't.

Old 11-22-2000, 08:19 AM   #19
Intuition

Old 11-22-2000, 01:37 PM   #20
Thore-UndeadHunter

You need to get rid of Minsc and Jaheira, I hate both of those NPC's the most, I dropped them the first chance I got since they were sooo annoying. You are going to drop Yoshimo? But he is such a good thief, I know he is a bounty hunter, but he is an excellent thief, he is an invaluable NPC, priceless to me. My list is as follows and I do not plan on dropping any of them, I have my group just the way I like it now, I have gone through a lot of NPC's and these are the ones I prefer, my group can take on just about anything. Also I have bought so much crap for these guys that there is no way that I am going to let them go. I dumped Viconia since she brought down my popularity points, which stand at 16 right now also she seemed to butt heads with a couple of my members.

Thore (me) Level 10 Undead Hunter
Aerie
Yoshimo
Jan Jansen
Mazzy Fentan
Valygar Corthala