Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-20-2000, 08:22 PM   #1
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since I plan on going through through the game once more, I was just wondering what your favorite/most enjoyable/most unique class or kit is.
Old 11-20-2000, 08:29 PM   #2
Armisael

The fighter. Might seem like the easy choice, but I always enjoy playing the fighter. My character is a level 12 fighter dualled to a mage, adding an extra dimension to him. I'm one of the few people who aren't terribly fond of kits, to be honest. You could try a dwarven battlerager (berserker) or a monk for a bit of fun. The cavalier's good, the kensai/mage combination is meant to be pretty strong, or you lash out and try an assassin (a very underestimated class; they start with a poor THAC0, but in later levels they can be devastating).

Old 11-20-2000, 08:33 PM   #3
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmmmm... ok, but with the kensai/mage is it dual or multi?
Old 11-20-2000, 08:35 PM   #4
Armisael

You can't multiclass with a kit.

Old 11-20-2000, 08:37 PM   #5
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

that's right, that's right, sorry.
Old 11-22-2000, 07:34 PM   #6
RuDeBoy_666

Fighter/Mage Hands down, Weird bug in it where a fighter mage is almost indestructable in BG1 I had one who wandered through a load of kobalds without getting hit once. In BG2 They've made it so it isn't AS bad but they still get the wup down.

Old 11-22-2000, 11:50 PM   #7
Astaroth
Welcomed New User

I say a Shadowmage (Mage/Thief multiclass) Just get to trademeet and pickpocket/kill Skarmaen Alibakkar (a jerk anyhow) and take his Elven Chainmail. Then you have a thief in chainmail who can still hide and cast speells. Plus, later in the game, you can get up to +4 elven chain! I found it to be a very useful character who can approach alot of situations with fun strategies. I have always enjoyed shadowmages.
Old 11-23-2000, 01:55 AM   #8
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

The avenger druid is fun, I have one in my m.p. game. Call lightning and chain lighting in one single-classed spellcaster. Plus the disadvantages really arent. A priest with a con over 16 is a waste and the 16 strength limit is broken with one spell.

A battle plan Vs a group of foes: Cast iron skins. Cast Improved inviso Be the first into battle casting Chain lightning. Shapeshift into fire salamander. Have your buddy Mages cast a few fireballs at you from the distance while you enemies surround you sucking up 25,000 volts. watch them die.
Old 11-23-2000, 02:15 AM   #9
BaatoRyan

My real favorite is the Paladin. They are great fighters with healing spells! And they are all good looking too... hehe Right now I'm obsessed with a Kensai because I'm fond of this "He is invincible!" More of like Anime types of characters... I mean they wear no armor... kinda cool...

Old 11-23-2000, 10:53 AM   #10
BearhugTheBrave

I started this game with my old trusty Ranger from BG1 but for some reason I decided to try something new after a while. So... I made myself a Half-Orc Fighter/Thief and he rocks! With 19 STR, 18 DEX and 19 CON he can stand up to the worst of them and when he sneaks up behind his target for a nice backstab he can really do some damage! Last night I did 106 damage to a troll who never knew what hit him...